606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early Semin

+5
CFCNick
J-Iggy
DRIZ
mc_homer
BuffonIdol
9 posters

Go down

Early Semin Empty Early Semin

Post by BuffonIdol Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 am

BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Early Semin Empty Re: Early Semin

Post by mc_homer Wed May 16, 2012 6:54 am

I'd take him unless he demands stupid money (which he probably would). Would rather take Parise Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed May 16, 2012 7:00 am

Yes I think we would all prefer Parise. Would also like Semin though he is really quite like Kessel!
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

I'm not sure to be honest. Whilst he has decent figures, I still think for the wages he would command, there is better for cheaper.

I hope the Blues, pass.
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 am

"at 28 years old Semin would prefer to play somewhere his role is being expanded, including time on the penalty kill, rather than diminished."

Thats what would put me off. I wouldn't want Semin (who is prone to only showing up when it suits him) anywhere near the PK. It is god to see he wants a more active role and more responsibilty.

So after the Flames signed Cervenka, who Jagr likes playing with. A line of Jagr - Cervenka - Semin, would be fun to watch! (It might even convert leafy to the Flame Razz )
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 am

Souhaitez-pas attention à lui à Montréal. Quel est son français comme?

Or he could use google translator like me! Smile

Last edited by MockingJay33 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by BL41R GRYLLS Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 am

mc_homer wrote:I'd take him unless he demands stupid money (which he probably would). Would rather take Parise Smile

He is unhappy with the lack of playoff success sooooo.... Smile

BL41R GRYLLS

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am

BL41R GRYLLS wrote:
mc_homer wrote:I'd take him unless he demands stupid money (which he probably would). Would rather take Parise Smile

lol!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 am

I would take him in a heartbeat. Not because he's Russian, but because he (along with Parise) is the most talented player in the pool. We won't get him, because Burke will want a Yankee clogger over a talented Russian, and the aforementioned wanting of playoff success. But if Semin was to go to a shit team (like Toronto), he would shine - look at Kovalchuk at Atlanta. Alongside Ovechkin and Backstrom, he couldn't shine, alongside Bozak and Lupul, he would. Brightly.

There are those that would say he turns up when he wants to - but at Washington he could and the talent they had would see them through. At a non-playoff team (Or even a Phoenix, Nashville or St Louis) he would be the star go-to man and I think that responsibility would really push him further. He could be a 50 goal a season player in the right environment. Which in my book, is worth a 6.7m dollar contract, especially when you consider the Gomez's and Vanek's are on a hatful more...
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed May 16, 2012 8:44 am

BL41R GRYLLS wrote:

Touche sir.....touche Sad
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed May 16, 2012 8:45 am

Although to be fair......last time we were in the playoffs we went to the conf final.....if we don't make the playoffs then we can't fail at it right? Embarassed
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 am

mc_homer wrote:Although to be fair......last time we were in the playoffs we went to the conf final.....if we don't make the playoffs then we can't fail at it right? Embarassed

I like this theory.... though I can't remember how well the Leafs did last time we made the play-offs at it was so long ago Sad *

* I assume we smashed the Sens as usual before thinking the job was done and bowing out to a crummy no-market
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed May 16, 2012 7:12 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:Souhaitez-pas attention à lui à Montréal. Quel est son français comme?

pmsl. That makes no sense whatsoever. I had to do a reversal back into English to see what you actually wanted to say. The Google translator still has a long long way to go...
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 16, 2012 7:20 pm

ronnie pander wrote:
MockingJay33 wrote:Souhaitez-pas attention à lui à Montréal. Quel est son français comme?

pmsl. That makes no sense whatsoever. I had to do a reversal back into English to see what you actually wanted to say. The Google translator still has a long long way to go...

I just had to go back and try remembering what I meant, think it was Wouldn't mind him in Montreal. What's his French like?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:

I just had to go back and try remembering what I meant, think it was Wouldn't mind him in Montreal. What's his French like?

Yeah, that's right. But the Google translator is a total dummy. Reading the French what it had actually translated was "You don't wish to pay attention to him in Montreal" and the 2nd sentence is just a grammatical non-starter.

Maybe you're right? Maybe we all don't want to pay attention to Semin in Montreal! Very Happy
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 16, 2012 7:35 pm

ronnie pander wrote:
MockingJay33 wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:

Yeah, that's right. But the Google translator is a total dummy. Reading the French what it had actually translated was "You don't wish to pay attention to him in Montreal" and the 2nd sentence is just a grammatical non-starter.

Maybe you're right? Maybe we all don't want to pay attention to Semin in Montreal! Very Happy

Maybe he'll disappear into the wind.........

I think we can agree the Google translator will never be Habs coach or GM.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh I don't know. I reckon if the Canadians GM typed into Google translator Bonjour Monsieur Semin, vous-voulez beaucoup d'argent? it would be able to do an ok enough job... Wink
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed May 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Well as long as it's ok enough than Google can have the keys. Can't be worse than the last guy!

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down