606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giraffes shuffle the deck - lose franchise player

2 posters

Go down

Giraffes shuffle the deck - lose franchise player Empty Giraffes shuffle the deck - lose franchise player

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 am

After qualifying for the play-offs just once in five seasons, the management in Milton Keynes has opted to shuffle his hand. Franchise player Jeff 'Jazzman' Carter, arguably the best player in the league was asked if he wanted to move following these failures, and the answer was no. When GM Leafy informed Carter that a bid had come in for him, to a perennial Cup challenger, Jeff said that although his loyalty was never in question and he loved Milton Keynes, he would like to talk to a Cup contender because his golf is terrible. Carter was allowed to talk because Leafy has decided that he needs new faces, and Carter himself has not performed to his usual exceptional standard, not withstanding his recent two game ban for taking to the ice in a top hat.

The Giraffes are looking to build on the recent good draft they had, and hope to challenge for playoff spots within the next two years. Asked if this is the end of trading for the MKG, GM Leafy has said 'I rule out nothing. Heck, we traded the Jazzman, who knows what is next. We have 5 excellent young centres, backed up with probably the strongest (on paper!) defence in the league. But other aspects of our game are lacking, noticably discipline, not withstanding Carter's ridiculous suspension last week for the top hat incident. All I can say is that no other GM has approached us for anyone, and frankly, unless someone gives us something silly for Taylor, I can't envisage further massive moves.'

Where does this leave MK? Same as usual, just outside the playoffs, although with the recent re-alignment the MKG have found themselves in by far and away the strongest division, and have aquitted themselves adequately.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Giraffes shuffle the deck - lose franchise player Empty Re: Giraffes shuffle the deck - lose franchise player

Post by BuffonIdol Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:although with the recent re-alignment the MKG have found themselves in by far and away the strongest division

Ahem I think the Prego division would have something to say about that.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down