606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New owners, new home and one old face...

Go down

New owners, new home and one old face... Empty New owners, new home and one old face...

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 am

The newly relocated MK Giraffes have issued the following statement:

Ivana Takhitova: My husband and I are very proud to take a wonderful club such as the Giraffes and add our stamp on things. We felt that after the scandal that hit Moose Jaw, we had to leave the country as it unfairly discriminated against our fellow countrymen. Who, I insist, have done nothing wrong. As soon as that decision was made, we instantly thought about taking the club to Russia, with both Moscow and Yekterinburg putting together attractive bids, but in the end we consulted with GM Leafy, the most knowledgable fellow we know about hockey, and he said take it to MK. A hockey hotbed he says, and it also gives us a chance to keep our eyes on the Russian stealing shady fellow down in Watford. We know who you are...

Winona, Press Secretary: Indeed the Giraffes have made the transition from Canada to the Uk, and with it comes possibly the biggfest trade of the off season. Leaving the MKG are TJ Oshie, who never really settled after his move from St Louis, Maxim Afingenov, vice captain and MKG fan favourite and up and coming Giraffe Andrei Kostitsyn. Coming in however, is the return of the original fans top dog, the legend that is Mr Bobby R. Along with Justin Williams and Peter Mueller, Bobby returns to the club that first drafted him all those years ago. He will lead the second line, presumably with more success than Oshie ever did, but then he did come from St Louis... Anyhos, I've got to shuffle off and join GM Leafy and Team Secretary Natalie for a briefing about where to take this new club and how to play. Or a piss-up and probably some debauchery, but the good Mrs Giraffe doesn't need to know that.. Oh hang on is this mike still on...
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down