606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach

+3
J-Iggy
BuffonIdol
CFCNick
7 posters

Go down

Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach Empty Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach

Post by CFCNick Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 am

As a guy who's only seen last years last week and the whole of the playoffs and one full season of any kind of hockey I just know just enough about all the players to get by in fantasy leagues but know bugger all about the history of the majority of coaches.

It's also expected that Shawinigan Cataractes head coach Eric Veilleux will also head to Montreal as assistant to Hartley.

All I know is Hartley won the cup with the Avs in 01 and has been out of the NHL since 2007.

What do people think of this? How true do you think it is?

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach Empty Re: Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach

Post by BuffonIdol Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397189

Looks like they will have to compete with Calgary for his signature
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach Empty Re: Bob Hartley expected to be named new Habs Head Coach

Post by J-Iggy Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 am

Based on the fact that when i think of the name "Hartley" it reminds me of strawbery jam, I could be happy with him in Calgary Smile
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu May 31, 2012 6:16 am

J-Iggy wrote:Based on the fact that when i think of the name "Hartley" it reminds me of strawbery jam, I could be happy with him in Calgary Smile

Rumour has it that Jean-Claude Bonne-Maman is in the running too...
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 am

I'm led to believe that Doug Armstrong is also Calgary bound. An announcement on his future with The Blues, is due in the next day or two.

The new owner see's him as a man of the old regime, and it's expected that he will move on - as a clause in his contract allows, and Brett Hull will fill the void!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu May 31, 2012 7:14 pm

DRIZ wrote:
I'm led to believe that Doug Armstrong is also Calgary bound. An announcement on his future with The Blues, is due in the next day or two.

The new owner see's him as a man of the old regime, and it's expected that he will move on - as a clause in his contract allows, and Brett Hull will fill the void!

Are you being serious Driz? Doug Armstrong has been one of the best GMs in the league in recent years and the fruits of his labour are just starting to blossom. If that is true I am shocked Shocked
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu May 31, 2012 7:32 pm

DRIZ wrote:

While I think they are right seeing DA as a man of the old regime Brett Hull would be a joke of a replacement! Armstrong was a fine GM with us while he could spend money signing top end players however his draft success left our farm system in tatters which Nieuwendyk is only just beginning to turn around. Brett Hull on the other hand....I only have one thing to say....Sean Avery.....
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 am

I am being serious....and it's utterly crazy. The man has turned the organisation upside down in the time he has been with us. To let him go now would be - well, lunacy!

You would have thought that Tom Stillman would have looked beyond the 'checketts' link, and looked at the results he has achieved on a meagre and shrinking budget!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:13 am

Hartley has been named as Flames coach this afternoon.
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 am

mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 am

Its good to have the "Jam man" as he will now be known in Calgary. Lets hope Feaster can sort some of the bigger issues out.

Hartly has a good record when it comes to coahching young forwards and the Flames have two of those...
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down