606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My daily (kind of) links!

3 posters

Go down

My daily (kind of) links! Empty My daily (kind of) links!

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 am

In an effort to give us stuff to talk about I decided to shamelessly steal an idea they do on Defending Big D and provide a few links that I find on my usual tours of the interwebs. I doubt I will do this at the weekend but during the week as I find things I will post them up Smile

So for today!

• I am going to start with my favourite person in the world of hockey commentators, Razor gives his views of how the trade deadline moves/non moves have panned out thus far. He also considers himself a 'glorious tool'.
    Razor With An Edge.
  • Mark Recchi is a doctor!
    Puck Daddy
  • This one was robbed from said list at Defending Big D, Steve Ott is not impressed!
    The Province
  • The Rangers clinch a playoff spot while The Hockey News do not know how to spell the word clinch.
    The Hockey News
  • The national post has a moan about the Division leaders getting top 3 seeds. Of course they also said the Sharks had the chance to take 2nd in the conference, quite how they were going to do that is beyond me.
    The National Post
  • It may have escaped your attention but the Preds get Alex Radulov back tonight after he abandoned his team in 2008. Some people think this is just a money making scheme before he returns to the KHL. In any case it makes a team with a heavily under estimated offence that little bit stronger.
    Puck Daddy
  • Big game for tonight #1, Coyotes vs Stars. Both teams tied on 83 pts fighting for the Division lead. The loser could quickly find themselves on the outside looking in, not just for the division but also the playoffs.
    Coyotes vs Stars
  • Big game for tonight #2, Flames vs Avalanche. Both teams still fighting for the playoffs, Colorado has 83 pts and is in 8th while Calgary have 81 pts in 11th. Calgary also have a game in hand so this is huge.
    Flames vs Avalanche
  • Big game for tonight #3, Sharks vs Kings. Another division matchup with another two teams tied on points. Both sit with 82 pts in 72 games and both are trying to maintain pace/overtake the Stars and Coyotes who are a point ahead. The Sharks missed out on the chance to retake the division lead last night, which will come out on top tonight? Both sit outside the playoffs in 9th and 10th.
    Sharks vs Kings
  • Big game for tonight #4, Panthers vs Flyers. The Flyers are trying to get ahead of the Penguins to at least get home ice in the first round while the Panthers will want to put a bit more distance between them and the Caps for the division lead to avoid slipping back into the 7th/8th/9th/10th seed fight. Both teams have been hot of late so should be a good one.
    Panthers vs Flyers
  • Big game for tonight #5, Jets vs Penguins. The Jets are desperately trying to keep sight of the 8th spot but it is slipping away. With the Caps not playing they have a chance to close that gap to 2 points while the Penguins will not want to lose their game in hand over the Rangers for the division lead.
    Jets vs Penguins
  • Big game for tonight #6, Islanders vs Leafs. Well.....there is a lottery pick on the line Smile
    Islanders vs Leafs
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My daily (kind of) links! Empty Re: My daily (kind of) links!

Post by DRIZ Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 am

Whilst I agree that there are a couple of big 'head to head' games in the Western tonight. I don't think it will be the deciding factor.

The Blues still have to play in LA, Phoenix and Dallas..as well as having Phoenix at home. For those teams to pick up points from the Blues could be just as important as winning the head to head games...
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 am

"So when Ott goes into a coffee shop, and he orders his Ristretto grande light caramel drizzle extra foam caffe latte and then is told they don’t have soy milk?"

LMFAO!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:50 am

True Driz but being able to (or unable to) take points away from the teams you are directly competing with was what killed us last year Sad need to get it done!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down