606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which team will you be following in the Playoffs?

+6
NYR_UK_Marc
penguinpunk71
rocknrollnobody
Calamity Jane
mc_homer
Jonzee
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which team will you be following in the Playoffs? Empty Which team will you be following in the Playoffs?

Post by Jonzee Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Now I know not all of you chaps have had the pleasure (however short) of seeing your team in the playoffs, so who will you be following, if anyone?

I am in a kind mood, so I will accept "Anyone the Red Wings/Pens are playing"
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Which team will you be following in the Playoffs? Empty Re: Which team will you be following in the Playoffs?

Post by mc_homer Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 am

What about anyone the Flyers are playing? Cool
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Which team will you be following in the Playoffs? Empty Re: Which team will you be following in the Playoffs?

Post by Jonzee Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:16 am

Impossible. No-one likes the Sabres.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am

Touché sir
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:37 am

I like the Sabres!

Not as much as the Bruins obviously.

We have an office in Buffalo and always arrange one of our team meetings to coincide with a Bruins/Sabres game so that the Buffalo chaps can come to Boston and we can do a bit of 'team building' aka go to the game, eat burgers and drink beer.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:47 am

How can you like a division rival? I feel bad for the Islanders... until we play them.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 am

Homer will follow the Wings, even if he won't admit it in public...
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 am

And I've just received an email from my mate in Buffalo. He's off to Philly for the weekend and going to the game. Lucky sod.

His prediction is the Sabres will win in seven. And he thinks the Bruins will win in five as long as they stay out of the penalty box.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 am

Outside of the Penguins of course I'm wanting the Predators to do well

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 am

Sharks as i have a bet on them
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 pm

rocknrollnobody wrote:Homer will follow the Wings, even if he won't admit it in public...

My cheering of the Wings against the Hawks is more than enough filth to last me a lifetime thank you very much! Razz
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Jonzee wrote:Impossible. No-one likes the Sabres.

I'm following the Sabres.

Buffalo - big strong man type animal...tastes good...feeds plenty
Sabre - big man type peice of steel...maximum damage. minimum effort, emphasis on style and timing

Flyers - A little bit airy fairy, willo-the-wispish.
Philadelphia - Soft, creamy and very girlie, would make a good name for iffy cheese....Hang on, now theres a thought Idea

Enough said!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Damnit, I want a Buffalo burger now.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 pm

I reckon Philadelphia might go all-right on a Buffalo burger
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 am

BuffonIdol wrote:I reckon Philadelphia might go all-right on a Buffalo burger

I think not!!!!

The only thing to go on a burger....Mustard.....Good old 'English Mustard'. Mad
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:30 am

Nah, mustard is for hotdogs. The only thing for burgers is cheese, onion rings and BBQ sauce. And definitely no pickle. Nasty things.

"Do you want pickle with that?" should lead to a nice big dollop of Branston, not some slimey green minature cucumber. Bleah!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 am

I was in Belgium not so long back, and the philistine tried to put mayo on my burger. I told him that it's actions like that which meant they needed our help to free them from the Germans...twice.

He didn't understand.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:29 am

Hey FU Driz :'(
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 am

Mustard=hotdog
Mayo/salad cream=cheese
BBQ=burger
Ketchup=anything

Standard.

But when mixing it up a bit with the choice of meat the condiment has to be inventive, hence Philadelphia with Buffalo, with a side of onion rings.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:14 am

But where do you stand on the what do you have on your bacon buttie question? Ketchup or HP sauce? It nearly led to divorce in this house, I can tell you.

Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:24 am

i had the deluxe quarter pounder with bacon and cheese at mcdonalds the other day, and it had both ketchup AND mayo. I would heartily recommend it!

CJ its ketchup all the way in the buttie, although if you expand it to a bacon, fried mushroom and fried egg bap, then it has to be HP sauce!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 am

sportsportsport wrote:CJ its ketchup all the way in the buttie, although if you expand it to a bacon, fried mushroom and fried egg bap, then it has to be HP sauce!

Good man! Of course it's ketchup. But yes, as soon as egg enters the equation then HP sauce is permissable. In fact it's ham, egg and chips for tea tonight (nouvelle cuisine? Not in my kitchen), so a selection of condiments will be available.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 am

Calamity Jane wrote:
"Do you want pickle with that?" should lead to a nice big dollop of Branston, not some slimey green minature cucumber. Bleah!

Here here! cheers
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:24 am

Oh and I agree on the ketchup thing! HP sauce has no place on any meal that enters my cake hole!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 am

To answer the question:

Two brother tomatoes were out jogging and the younger tomato is struggling to keep pace with his old brother who turns round to his sibling and yells "ketchup"
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next