606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft day announcement please read.

+6
sportsportsport
Lord SKAgiraffe
penguinpunk71
ronnie pander
Badger
mc_homer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Draft day announcement please read. Empty Draft day announcement please read.

Post by mc_homer Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi guys,

As I am sure you are all aware the recent flight restrictions have cause a few problems for a lot of people. Unfortunately 2/3rds of my trade committee (Monty, colonel.bagpuss) are stranded abroad as a result. Due to the fact that I will be relying on these guys a lot throughout the draft in the case of teams that do not attend (and for generally keeping you lot in line Wink) I think it may be best to delay the draft until next week. However I wanted to get your input into this before making any final decisions. Would you be ok delaying the draft to next week or would you prefer that we improvise and go ahead. If you are ok moving then which day would suit you best?

Both Monty and colonel.bagpuss are looking at ways to potentially be online and if they are able to then we may still be fine to go ahead but I want to be prepared in case.

Last edited by mc_homer on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Draft day announcement please read. Empty Re: Draft day announcement please read.

Post by Badger Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 pm

I suggest we delay, as I have a feeling you will need your assistants. Just give me as much notice as possible as to the new date and I shall plan accordingly. Best to delay I think than have wednesday end in chaos. Gives me time to play with my choices even more affraid
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Draft day announcement please read. Empty Re: Draft day announcement please read.

Post by ronnie pander Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 am

Darn, was looking forward to finally picking my team! But yes, if you need to delay until next week it's fine for me.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah delay till next Wednesday...

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 am

I'm easy. Just as i had finalised my selections as well! Oh well, needs must Neutral
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 am

I'm assuming both the colonel and the monty are going to try and get to a computer though?
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:30 am

Yes but at present I haven't heard anything definate so it isn't looking good. I will update you all as soon as I can.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 am

Whatever happens is cool with me, in all honesty a few extra days would be really helpful!!!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:18 am

Do it this week, as planned. Yeah, it's unfortunate that people are stuck abroad, but there are going to be problems with any date.

And come on people, unprepared? We have known the draft was coming for over a month.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 am

I can draft...I kinda like the irony that I will be drafting my team from Espoo, Finland... given my team is from there!
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by colonelbagpuss Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:48 am

sorry for the late reply guys, most of the day has been spent sorting out travel plans. but i can make the trade as i'm here till saturday, so i'm okay with going ahead. sorry for any trouble caused.

colonelbagpuss

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am

Jonzee, the option of delaying was for my benefit more than anyone elses. Chances are I am going to need to be drafting for a few different teams as I don't expect everyone to be there the entire time and Monty/colonel are the guys who will be helping me make the decisions. I didn't want to be drafting 5/6 teams all on my own to be honest.

Still it looks like we will go ahead as normal, so 8PM tomorrow we are going to get underway regardless now!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am

So, for me 10pm then!! Is nice!! The GOOCH will be represented by GM Oliver Wood, and their new Head Coach, to be unveiled soon!
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 am

Shit...oh never mind i will sort it out..just told the wife she can go out tomorrow night and leave me with kids..at least its a laptop..cya all tomorrow
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

So we're on for tonight - that's good, as I can't make any nights next week! Smile
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Yep Azzy, all good to go for this evening.

Also andy asked me about the positions for players so for those of you who are not sure the numbers on the list stand for the following.

1= Centre
2= Left Wing
3= Right Wing
4= Defence
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 am

Tonight....8?

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:03 am

Indeed it is.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 am

Time to prepare Very Happy

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 am

Is it first pick at 8, or log in at 8? And what of those who aren't there in time? Hmm mental note - must tranquilise Mrs Giraffe at 7 Smile
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 am

First pick at 8 is the plan. So please be on about 10 mins before to be ready!

If anyone is not on at any point then their picks will be made on their behalf by the powers that be Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:32 am

Are you expecting a full-house tonight then? Should be chaotic brilliance...
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 am

Not a completely full house but should be close to it! So far I know hockeygurl13 cannot be online as she is in Toronto with no access and jogaburrito I believe may show for a short while but the time difference will be an issue.

Also sportsportsport has had a bit of an emergency so will not be here for 8 but may be on around 9ish.

Either way there should be a fair few of us on and I am looking forward to it!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:48 am

Wayne Gretzky will come out of retirement to be taken #1 overall.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:50 am

I reckon it'll be a great laugh! What are you going to do regarding the picks of those not present?

Also, I have warn you in advance that my internet connection is prone to going down; it isn't a problem to get straight back on but it may mean I'll appear offline for a minute or so. Crappy dongles.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next