606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penguins and Stars talking

Go down

Penguins and Stars talking Empty Penguins and Stars talking

Post by mc_homer Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 am

According to Darren Dreger, the Penguins and Stars are talking trade and including two high quality players. Rumours (and yes they still are only rumours) are that the trade being discussed is involving Alex Goligoski and James Neal.

As I had mentioned to Buff the other day, I wouldn't be totally against the Stars trading Neal. Yes I would love to keep him here as I am a huge fan and think he has a ton of talent however I feel it may be necessary to move him. It is no secret that we lack a real quality puck moving defender and Goligoski would improve our D no end. Guys like that are not going to be given up for free so I think Neal is the best one to be moved. My reasoning for this is that Eriksson is far too valuable to move and Benn more than has the skill set to replace Neal on the top line. Morrow is the captain and I doubt the Pens would be interested in any of our other wingers. The Pens would want a scoring winger and out of Eriksson, Neal and Benn, Neal is probably first on the list to be traded.

We will see how this plays out as I first saw this rumour a good month or more ago but if it did happen I would be fairly excited but sad to see Neal go still.

Oh and for those of you wondering, Benn is probably the last guy the Stars will trade at the moment and yes that includes Richards!

sources say the Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins may be working on a deal involving two high quality players.

It's believed the Pens are willing to move defenceman Alex Goligoski for the right forward, and a trade involving Stars winger James Neal has been discussed.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down