606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Teams start

+6
Calamity Jane
Azzy Luongo
colonelbagpuss
NYR_UK_Marc
Jonzee
penguinpunk71
10 posters

Go down

Your Teams start Empty Your Teams start

Post by penguinpunk71 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:49 am

So overall how do you think your teams have started out?

My Penguins have been very, very inconsistant and that worries me I know were not far into the season but the fact that in some games we tear them apart but then will lay down the next is worrying. Fleury needs to settle into his rythym you will all know how I feel about him, I love the guy to piece he won us a cup but latley he just hasnt been there. Overall our defence has been a little sketchy. They seem to be getting decent scroring from Dupuis again, but Comrie has yet to make an impact. Martin and big Z have shored us up D wise....Malkin hasnt been the player we all know he can be and Sid needs to be the SId we all love....or in your case hate Razz

Biggest Loss: Jordan Staal

Best Aquisition: Paul Martin

Stand out Player: Kris Letang

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Your Teams start Empty Re: Your Teams start

Post by Jonzee Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:40 am

How do you think the Flyers are doing? Top of the East says it all.

Biggest loss: Uhm, none.

Best acquisition: Bobrovsky.

Stand out player: Giroux.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:05 am

Well we would be top of the east if we had our best 3 offensive players in our team that said we have still done very very well

Biggest loss:Marian Gaborik

Best acquisition: Derek Stepan or Martin Biron

Stand out player: Brandon Dubinsky
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by colonelbagpuss Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 am

The Capitals are getting results (just about) but playing nowhere near as well as we could do, just hoping we get it started before we start finding ourselves on the wrong side of the one-goal games.

Biggest Loss: None really. i think if varlamov doesn't return soon neuvy will struggle to handle the load which would make that a big loss.

Best Acquisition: Didn't really do much in the offseason. Matt Hendricks probably.

Stand Out Player: Michal Neuvirth

colonelbagpuss

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:03 am

The Nucks are unbeaten in 5, Luongo is playing well, our D core is minus 3 of its top 4 and STILL performing well...a great start Very Happy

Biggest Loss: Brendan Morrison. We should have signed him up to play 4th line wing duties.

Best acquisition: Raffi Torres. 7 goals, including a hattie vs Edmonton = magic

Stand-out player: Manny Malhotra. He is the best 3rd liner the Canucks have had in all the time I've followed them. Look at his FO % Cool

Last edited by Azzy Luongo on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:49 am

Pretty pleased with the Bruins start. Even though we're currently getting tonked by the Caps

biggest loss - Marc Savard

best acquisition - Tyler Seguin (thank you Toronto)

stand out player - up until 40 minutes ago, Tim Thomas

Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Started great, now slipping back into same old T.O. Still, I thinks with a bit of luck and a good run, the playoffs beckon.

Biggest loss : Tyler Seguin (well technically!)

Best Acquisition : Clarke MacArthur

Stand out Player : Clarke MacArthur
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:24 am

NYR_UK_Marc wrote:Well we would be top of the east if we had our best 3 offensive players in our team

How did you work that one out?

BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

The Ducks have made a fairly predictable start: good at home; bad on the road. Top line has carried the rest at times; the defence has struggled. At least the team has settled down after those first three horrific road games.

Biggest loss: Err...Niedermeyer is obvious. From our current roster I'd have to say Cam Fowler was the biggest loss - but he's back now! Oh, yeah...there's the permanently injured Lupul too.

Best acquisition: Re-signing Teemu; drafting Fowler; Tony Lydman from the FA.

Stand out player: Captain Marvel, Ryan Getzlaf. Leading points scorer on the roster and a hockey god in the opposition's own zone...just don't play it in your end, Getz!

Best opposition team I've seen to date: Red Wings. Great team.

ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

penguinpunk71 wrote:So overall how do you think your teams have started out?

My Penguins have been very, very inconsistant and that worries me I know were not far into the season but the fact that in some games we tear them apart but then will lay down the next is worrying. Fleury needs to settle into his rythym you will all know how I feel about him, I love the guy to piece he won us a cup but latley he just hasnt been there. Overall our defence has been a little sketchy. They seem to be getting decent scroring from Dupuis again, but Comrie has yet to make an impact. Martin and big Z have shored us up D wise....Malkin hasnt been the player we all know he can be and Sid needs to be the SId we all love....or in your case hate Razz

Biggest Loss: Jordan Staal

Best Aquisition: Paul Martin

Stand out Player: Kris Letang

Although we beat you - I thought the Penguins were the best team I've seen so far at the Honda Centre. Absolute dynamite offence and thrilling to watch. The Ducks really had to hold on and ride their luck. I'd be amazed if the Penguins weren't near the top of the East come the end. And yes, Letang was very good.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:27 pm

This is the thing when we turn it on we are unstoppable...see the 2nd last night

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Sorry, I can't hear you over Bobrovsky's 31 saves and the team's 23 blocked shots... none of them made with Ian Laperrierre's face.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:17 am

Another great win for my Nucks last night - 6 goals past the Wings Smile

Manny Malhotra is a beast.
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:17 am

leafygiraffe wrote:Started great, now slipping back into same old T.O. Still, I thinks with a bit of luck and a good run, the playoffs beckon.

Biggest loss : Tyler Seguin (well technically!)

Best Acquisition : Clarke MacArthur

Stand out Player : Clarke MacArthur

Ditto (especially on the Seguin issue). Really pleased with the Leafs start we had going 4-1-0 in our first 5 games and putting at least a winning streak that has not happened for some time. Seem to have more fight, grit and not willing to lay down for anyone (i.e. Caps game when we came back in the third period to be leading 4-3 then lose in a shoot out) and losing to a shoot-out vs Buffalo. This is gonna happen for the rest of the season me thinks but points=prizes Very Happy

Clarke Macarthur has been on fire, kessel has done his job scoring crucial goals. The Goaltenders i have been very impressed (kinda prefer the monster Razz ) with along with Luke Scheen who is proving how good a player he is. and Kulemin just parking himself at the net with a nice set of hands ..... reminds me of Antroprov.

All this with our biggest off-season acquisition Versteeg not exactly playing well. Although think we need another pure sniper to help Kessel and share the burden.
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down