606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Turkey Day!

+3
Jonzee
DRIZ
Calamity Jane
7 posters

Go down

Happy Turkey Day! Empty Happy Turkey Day!

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 am

Still can't get my head round Thanksgiving. It's like Christmas without the presents. Just got back from doing a 'turkey trot' which is a 5k road race. Unfortunately Mr C finished in a faster time than I did, which means I have to make dinner. He's looking very smug about it.

Today will mainly be spent watching football rather than hockey because the fucking lockout is still on.

Last edited by Calamity Jane on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Happy Turkey Day! Empty Re: Happy Turkey Day!

Post by DRIZ Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 am

Excellent! Little lady in the kitchen...where she should be!!! Razz

Still brooding over our 'Happy Turkey Day'...Do we have turkey..

.more importantly - Which ALE do I get from the Brewery. Too much choice, and won't get through them all in a week!

Anyway...Enjoy your day. cheers
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 am

It would be a happy thanksgiving if the Washington and Dallas buses crashed into each other, and everyone on all of them broke their legs
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 am

DRIZ wrote:
Excellent! Little lady in the kitchen...where she should be!!! Razz

Still brooding over our 'Happy Turkey Day'...Do we have turkey..

.more importantly - Which ALE do I get from the Brewery. Too much choice, and won't get through them all in a week!

Anyway...Enjoy your day. cheers
Ooh you cheeky monkey!

We have a selection of beers from here <clicky> which Mr C picked during a trip to Vermont. I think more people should arrange to have meetings in breweries. It might make employees more willing to attend drunken
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 am

'The Long Trail Vermont Brewing Co'....what a great name!. Looks like some cracking beers too!.

I shall be getting mine from the good people at Tring Brewery. 5ltr cask conditioned barrels.

Colley's Dog 5.2%
Death or Glory 7.2%
Santa's Little Helper 4.8%

All the above are a must. Just need a session Ale, now it's either:

Side Pocket for a Toad 3.6%
Ridgeway Bitter 4.0%
Mansion Mild 3.7%
Jack O Legs 4.2%

Can't make up my mind!

DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:00 am

I would definitely have to go for Death or Glory.

I've got my eye on the Belgian style beers. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good wheat beer. This is another favourite.

Clicky (Allagash white)

And this

Clicky (blue moon)
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 am

CJ, if that means you like Hoegaarden, then you are the only person I know who does.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:49 am

Jonzee wrote:CJ, if that means you like Hoegaarden, then you are the only person I know who does.

I dunno, that's quite a popular Belge beer and is very widely available in Britain. Must admit I don't care for it either. Having lived in Belgium I am very fond of some of their beers. Chimay Bleue is simply fantastic....
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 am

Hoegaarden's OK, but I'm with Ronnie; there are plenty of way better Belgian beers around. There's a good bar near me which specializes in European beers. Unfortunately that also includes English beers such as Sam Smiths. Many a conversation has started with me saying "Seriously? You're actually going to drink that??"
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 am

And there's another reason why Thanksgiving isn't as good as Christmas...

THERE'S NO CHRISTMAS CAKE!!. Honestly right now I would love a small slice of cake and a chunk of cheese. pig
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry you what? Cheese with your Christmas cake?? Are you mad???
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 pm

DRIZ wrote:
'The Long Trail Vermont Brewing Co'....what a great name!. Looks like some cracking beers too!.

I shall be getting mine from the good people at Tring Brewery. 5ltr cask conditioned barrels.

Colley's Dog 5.2%
Death or Glory 7.2%

Ridgeway Bitter 4.0%
Mansion Mild 3.7%
Jack O Legs 4.2%

Can't make up my mind!

A fine selection there to chose from DRIZ, any of the extras would be a fine choice. Personally, I would go with the Jack O Legs, or maybe add a Midsummer Ale if you can get hold of one. If not - I can (although hit'll probably be drunk by the time I get to Luton....)
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:
DRIZ wrote:

Colley's Dog 5.2%
Death or Glory 7.2%

Ridgeway Bitter 4.0%
Mansion Mild 3.7%
Jack O Legs 4.2%

Can't make up my mind!

A fine selection there to chose from DRIZ, any of the extras would be a fine choice. Personally, I would go with the Jack O Legs, or maybe add a Midsummer Ale if you can get hold of one. If not - I can (although hit'll probably be drunk by the time I get to Luton....)

In the end I plumped for Side Pocket. So that's 36 pints for about 70quid, and will be ready for me to collect Xmas Eve. Might have to get a couple of jars of Death or Glory Mustard, as well.

For the first time, in many years, I'm quite looking forward to Xmas cheers drunken cheers
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:20 pm

BuffonIdol wrote:Sorry you what? Cheese with your Christmas cake?? Are you mad???

Buff, the proper way to eat cheese is with something fruity. Hence, cheese and wine (red naturally), Port and Xmas Cake.

I urge you to get some cheese of the stilton family, then try it some on its own and with any/all of the above. The difference in taste of the cheese is amazing!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Well done everyone. All the adds im gettin on here are now for Turkey (the bird and the country) cheers

Even one about "Turkey Day" - "Pumpkins, Turkeys & More Turn Yourself Into A Turkey Day Cartoon!"
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 am

DRIZ wrote:
BuffonIdol wrote:Sorry you what? Cheese with your Christmas cake?? Are you mad???

Buff, the proper way to eat cheese is with something fruity. Hence, cheese and wine (red naturally), Port and Xmas Cake.

I urge you to get some cheese of the stilton family, then try it some on its own and with any/all of the above. The difference in taste of the cheese is amazing!

Listen to Driz, Buff. The man knows what he's talking about.

Mr C and I used to spend most of our holidays in France. One of the best meals we had was one where we'd made our selection from the cheese board and we got a spoonful of jam to eat with it. A different jam for each cheese, very carefully selected for us by the cheese waiter. (The French would probably have a fit that I called it 'jam'. I bet it's really a 'conserve' or something).

Actually I could dispense with the entire meal and just eat cheese. We went out recently for a cheese tasting session and the waitress brought a plate to the table and said "this will serve six people". Six people my arse. I could have eaten the entire thing on my own. One of the cheeses on offer was a Wensleydale. Er, no one else got a look in with that one. It went very nicely with the fig jam.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down