606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet deadline passes in MK

Go down

Quiet deadline passes in MK Empty Quiet deadline passes in MK

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:25 pm

The trade deadline passed peacefully at the Gardens last night, with no moves being made in the usual flurry of activity. Says GM Leafy:

'I looked at three players to bring in - One was unavailable, one was priced too highly and one I couldn't get hold of. All were Russian, naturally. With some tasty big Russians in the draft, I tried to no avail to acquire a top ten pick. Denis Grebeshkov was sought after, but we fought off interest in our top defenceman. Rumours of a blockbuster with Chatham Victory are firmly denied, that's just a rival GM trying to disrupt a settled team.'

The Giraffes sit two points out of the playoff places following a 4 game win streak, including a hard fought victory against the current Kings Cup champions, the Sharks. With four games in hand, and no trade disruption, things are looking a lot better for a club that just 1 month ago was in turmoil and sitting lower than hated rivals, the St Louis Spirit.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down