606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilty pleasure

+6
CFCNick
BuffonIdol
Lord SKAgiraffe
Calamity Jane
J-Iggy
mc_homer
10 posters

Go down

Guilty pleasure Empty Guilty pleasure

Post by mc_homer Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 pm

So we all have those teams/players we absolutely despise but what teams and/or players do you secretly like even though you should probably hate?

For me as a team I would probably say the Sharks. It might be due to the fact that I enjoy watching them fail but I just can't hate them. Unlike the Ducks/Kings I respect the Sharks a lot more as they tend to play fair and they have given the Stars some extremely memorable games.

As for players, Eric Nystrom will surely turn into that player now that he has signed for the Preds but that doesn't really count so I am going to say Slava Voynov. He loved to score on the Stars (his first 2 career goals came against us) and he plays for one of my more hated teams but unlike the majority of his team mates he plays the game the right way and if I take a step back I do enjoy watching his game (apart from when he is scoring on us).

Also I have to lump Teemu Selanne in there. A Ducks player through and through and has had far more than his fair share of heart breaking goals against the Stars but how can anyone hate Teemu?
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Guilty pleasure Empty Re: Guilty pleasure

Post by J-Iggy Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 pm

I Can't really explain the reasons why for any of these but:

I have always like Alexander Burrows, even though I hate the nucks.
I like Tampa, which is probably the worst thing any Flames fan could ever say.
I also like the Habs, although I dislike most of their players.

The other think i have noticed since i joined the sim league, is i tend to be bias toward players that play for the Steve, even if in real like i never liked them. Jeff Carter is the best example. For years disliked him, but now hes one of my sim players, hes great!

Also, I like Kyle Wellwood.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Shocked I know I should hate them, but I actually rather enjoy watching the Flyers (apart from that one game that shall never be mentioned). It's probably because they have a similar style to the Bruins. And in for a penny, in for a pound. I like Scott Hartnell. There, I've said it. You can all shun me now. I don't care.

Ach, and I quite like the Leafs too. In the same car-crash watching way I like watching the Cubs. It's always fun seeing how many ways they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

But I will never like the Habs. Or the Nucks (but I do like Luongo, mainly because of his Twitter account).
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am

I like the Kings. And the Hawks. (Both won me money). And the Red Wings (fancied a Red Wings supporter earlier in my life). And Cowtown. I still hate Montreal, however I can tolerate Ottawa - in fact the next trip to Canada is going to be to Ottawa-Giteneau. I did like Vancouver, but their fans are idiots who have put me off.

Player wise, going back I hated Lindros, when everyone else loved him. Still do. However, I did like Alexei Yashin. And I think everyone knows my man-crushes of Al MacInnis and Vlad Konstantinov. In fact the Russian 5 at Detroit were possibly my favourite set of players.

Nowadays, I don't really like anyone. Except Kopitar. And Dustin Brown - who can't love a man that can count to potato? (Incidentally, type 'dustin brown i' into google (i for ice hockey because a third tier tennis playist pops up otherwise) and the first autofill is 'dustin brown i can count to potato'). Much like J-iggy, I develop a soft spot for my simboys, except Hedman who i found out is a cock (Man Utd fan). Thus he was traded.

I am a fairly open chap and will listen to fans of al teams, however Winnipeg fans are even more stupid than Vancouver fans, and I have a dislike of the team because of that. Worringly, the Habs' fans I know are actually fairly nice people, even if only one is actually Frenchie! Still hate them though.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 am

I love carpet. I love desk. I love lamp.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:43 am

I don't really hate anyone or like teams I should not. I don't like the Flyers but that's only because I hate the Eagles and Phillies. I dislike the Penguins and Bruins and like them to lose but still respect their quality when they win. Kind of how I feel towards Man United. I don't like Washington, Vancouver, or LA.

I don't mind sitting down and watching a Bolts game or Toronto or Nashville or Dallas.

Buff, are you just looking at things and saying you love them? Do you really love the lamp?

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 am

BuffonIdol wrote:I love carpet. I love desk. I love lamp.
Ahhh, Dustin Brown's victory speach after the Kings won the cup.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:58 am

Haha I am glad to hear Jiggy and Leafy say that about sim players as I thought I might be the only one! Imagine my horror when I realised Oscar Moller was a Kings prospect.... I also got quite excited when the Stars drafted Ludvig Bystrom about a month after I drafted him for the Beefs!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 am

My worst would have to be Scott Hartnell. He plays his role of pantomime villain so well! I also secretly like Slewban... He's dirty, arrogant and hides from anyone wanting to fight, but he is also hilarious!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 am

Jannon.

All jopters lose 50 pts for not saying the Jannon.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:54 am

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:And the Red Wings (fancied a Red Wings supporter earlier in my life).
How many more times?!

It's not going to work Giraffe old chap. I live in Yorkshire, and you live on another planet where the Leafs have post-season potential.

As for the original question, I like the Coyotes in a weird way. I enjoy seeing a team survive, even in markets that shouldn't have them, and when they've been threatened with closure so often. I also appreciate loyalty to a team/organisation, and I like Shane Doan too.

As for others, I really dislike the Flyers, but can't really figure out why.

I enjoy watching the Sedins play, even though I'm not really a fan. I just like seeing good hockey, and love or loath the twins, they play some really good hockey. I also like watching Evgeni Malkin for the same reason.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 am

Jonzee wrote:Jannon.

Jannon is not a guilty pleasure! There is no shame in loving the jannon!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 am

There is when they are your Metrosexual Division Rivals...
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 am

Jonzee wrote:Jannon.

Like Pete said no shame in that!

rocknrollnobody wrote:
I enjoy watching the Sedins play, even though I'm not really a fan. I just like seeing good hockey, and love or loath the twins, they play some really good hockey. I also like watching Evgeni Malkin for the same reason.
That pretty much sums up my feelings on Datsyuk. Well to the extent that I love to watch him play even if he does play for the Wings....
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 am

I know what my apparent guilty pleasure is but mine are the Kings , Hawks and Preds , I dont mind the Leafs either.

But my alltime guilty pleasure is the Islanders
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 am

NYR_UK_Marc wrote:I know what my apparent guilty pleasure is but mine are the Kings , Hawks and Preds , I dont mind the Leafs either
*Cough* Tavares *Cough*
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

You're such a jew Razz

Last edited by Jonzee on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GRAMMAR)
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I know Cool 
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down