606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compliance Buyouts

5 posters

Go down

Compliance Buyouts Empty Compliance Buyouts

Post by Jonzee Thu May 30, 2013 1:53 am

1. From your team who you think will/want to be bought out
2. Any surprise buyouts

Danny B is gone, unless a team that's near the cap floor wants to trade for a well old, well overpaid centre.
Bryz could be gone, but as i believe the buyouts can be used over the next two seasons, we could keep him about to see how Mason does.
Andrej Meszaros is injury prone and like most of our D, overpaid.
Pronger would be a bit of a surprise, seeing as we can keep stashing him on LTIR
Coburn had a shit year and then got injured, but has a history of playing well so I should hope we keep him

Surprises:
Scott Hartnell. Long, reasonably expensive contract and underperformed this year (with most of the team)
Crosby. Won't happen, but would be hilarious
M-A Fleury. Been teasing Pete with this one
Ovie. Perfect for NYR to pick up, but only after they buy out Bad Richards.

Yeh, I'm bored at work today.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Compliance Buyouts Empty Re: Compliance Buyouts

Post by BuffonIdol Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 am

We actually only have 10 skaters signed up for next season anyway and 1 buried and so there isn't much choice for buy-out. Still, I could find 4 candidates...

Dion Phaneuf, $6.5m per, through 2014
He is at best a second line D man with decent PP credentials. He is capable of playing around 21-22 minutes a night but beyond that he is too much of a liability in his own zone as we have found out all too often. That is worth not much more than half what he is currently paid. Oh and he is a s$%t C.

Mikhail Grabovski, $5.5m per, through 2017
He has some talent, is usefully versatile and puts his all in more than any player over the past few season. But he is never going to put up more than 60 points consistently and while can contribute on the PK if needed he does not have the set to be a special team player. For these reasons he can't be worth more than $4m at the very most and certainly not more than JVR/Lupul/Kessel.

John Michael Liles, $3.875m per, through 2016
A decent all round puck moving D man but not stand-out in any area. Would make a good third pair D men and brings a much needed vet presence to a very young blue line. But all in all that wouldn't be paid more than $2m on any other team.

Mike Komisarek, $4.5m per, through 2014 (currently buried)
Another player who isn't as bad as made out and is fully committed, but he is simply grossly overpaid. Put him with Liles for a combined fee of $3.5m and I would be OK with it.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 am

End up with something like this.... http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/18570

May have underestimated some of the contracts but there is over $11m spare to play with so not a problem. Adds some vet presence where needed. Third line might be a little risky and could probably do with another shut-down forward but all in all not bad.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 am

You may have to pay Dupuis a couple mil more than that. Anything under 2.5 and he stays in Pittsburgh!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri May 31, 2013 8:34 am

Yeah on most of them I didn't bother to change what capgeek had put in but the cap space is there to sign all those players easy, though I would still perhaps rather have more defensive playera instead of Dupuis/Gomez.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri May 31, 2013 11:15 am

With close to $20m free and all our key players signed up I can't see us buying anyone out.

Some people threw Lehtonen as a name for a buy out as he is on $5.9m but that would be a big surprise if it happened seeing as we don't have anyone ready to take that role yet!

So unless we trade for someone elses bad contract, I wouldn't expect to see the Stars involved in any buyouts.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 am

Hey you want Danny B? He is old and useless
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 pm

BuffonIdol wrote:End up with something like this.... http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/18570

May have underestimated some of the contracts but there is over $11m spare to play with so not a problem. Adds some vet presence where needed. Third line might be a little risky and could probably do with another shut-down forward but all in all not bad.

Bozak will need at least a 2.5m if not a 3m contract, or he is going elsewhere. His faceoff and defensive play alone will be useful to most teams. Like Jonzee said, Dupuis is vastly underpaid, and Gomez won't take 3rd line at the Leafs without a bigger paycheck. I wouldn't have A-mac, I hear Burmistrov wants out of the 'Peg so pick him up to play second line C with Bozie at first. Cheaper, more potential, and you have the vet presence with Dupuis and Gomez. With the space we have, surely we could find a better top d man than Lydman?
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:
BuffonIdol wrote:End up with something like this.... http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/18570

Bozak will need at least a 2.5m if not a 3m contract, or he is going elsewhere. His faceoff and defensive play alone will be useful to most teams. Like Jonzee said, Dupuis is vastly underpaid, and Gomez won't take 3rd line at the Leafs without a bigger paycheck. I wouldn't have A-mac, I hear Burmistrov wants out of the 'Peg so pick him up to play second line C with Bozie at first. Cheaper, more potential, and you have the vet presence with Dupuis and Gomez. With the space we have, surely we could find a better top d man than Lydman?

Already explained twice I didn't put proper contracts values down for all the players but that there is enough money to cover it so just ignore the Bozak/Dupuis etc contract values.

Scott Gomez took just 700k and played on the third line for SJ, was in the ECHL before that, and a healthy scratch for the Habs before that. He would take 2m and third line duties on a team with a good shout of the play-offs if it was offered to him because frankly nobody pays him more than $3m and a top six role unless they are stupid. If he doesn't work up then give Joe Colborne a shot.

I would have AMac any day thank you... 230 points in 294 games for St Louis, there are no better value centres available UFA as everyone will be chasing Riberio/Weiss/Roy etc.

Burmistrov wants out of the NHl not just Peg so good luck with that and if he does NHL side stay you are paying mega bucks and likley loose out to a better team.

There are a couple of decent RFA D men but nothing in the UFA pool, plus Lydman is actually a very solid guy if you watch him play (ask Ronnie).

My strategy involves avoiding the flashy UFA names available (costly and often a mistake) and concentrating on some vets and dark horses to round out the roster.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down