606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season starts tonight

+7
rocknrollnobody
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
CFCNick
Jonzee
Calamity Jane
DRIZ
BuffonIdol
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Season starts tonight  Empty Season starts tonight

Post by BuffonIdol Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm

cheers
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Season starts tonight  Empty Re: Season starts tonight

Post by DRIZ Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 pm

Can't wait....tonight it's curry and real ale for the works xmas do, then home in time to hear the Blues slap the dirty Wings cheers cheers
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 pm

How did I go 9 months without Coaches Corner?!?!
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Rene Rancourt, Jack and Brick, Shawn Thornton fighting, and a Drop Kick Murphys montage. Oh boy it's good to have hockey back on my TV.

And I've got a ticket for the Monday afternoon tilt against the Jets. Must make a 'Kyle Wellwood is fat' banner.

Also got tickets for a game against the Canes in April.

**does happy dance** Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah well I have two tix to the Panthers-Blaze match-up in Nottingham next weekend, so beat that, CJ.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Calamity Jane wrote:Rene Rancourt, Jack and Brick, Shawn Thornton fighting, and a Drop Kick Murphys montage. Oh boy it's good to have hockey back on my TV.

And I've got a ticket for the Monday afternoon tilt against the Jets. Must make a 'Kyle Wellwood is fat' banner.

Also got tickets for a game against the Canes in April.

**does happy dance** Very Happy

Are tickets in Boston like gold? or does nobody wanna watch the Canes? A guy on twitter who lives in Toronto said tickets are like gold and he's got tickets to the Canes too.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Tickets are extremely hard to come by for Toronto home games which is annoying when the Gold Club (sponsors etc) in the lower bowl is half empty for long stretches of the game against teams like the Canes in midweek.

I used to be able to get them alright because my (at the time) gf's cousin worked at the HHoF Very Happy
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 am

You can get tickets for pretty much any game but you're always going to pay over the odds for the decent ones.

Tomorrow's game is a weekday matinee and I only wanted one ticket rather than a pair (poor Mr C doesn't get tomorrow as a holiday and is having to work) so I've got a nosebleed seat for a decent price.

The Canes tickets were more expensive, but it's my birthday present and I'm worth it queen
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am

BuffonIdol wrote:How did I go 9 months without Coaches Corner?!?!

exactly
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am

Well that was fun! Though I think the posts are going to have to be repainted considering the amount of times the puck clanged off them.

Love that dirty water. cheers
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Bad start, maybe salvaged it with the Blue Jackets game.

It's becoming clear that Holland didn't get the Lidstrom/Stuart replacements he wanted, and therefore, we're 'making do' with Kronwall, Coliacovo, and some prospects.

Sure, Lashoff looked the part yesterday, but I think he's only around because Ericsson, Kindl and Colo are injured.

Quincey looks a shadow of his Colorado days. Kronwall and White cannot carry the full 6 D positions between them. We need Colo to step up, and Ericsson to cut out the rookie errors.

As for the offence, we're not too bad. Hudler and Holmstrom are gone. Samuelsson and Brunner are in. I'm happy enough with that, but we need to change our style. Lobbing pucks at the net all game was fine when Homer would stood infront of goalies and refusing to budge. Franzen/Cleary don't play the same kind of game and as such, will need to make up for Holmstrom's abilities in other ways.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 am

Very happy with the Bruins start. Great win against the Rangers, and a lucky SO win against the Jets. Plenty of pucks pinging off the post in that game. Nice SO goal from Seguin too.

I was holding my breath when Wellwood was on the breakaway because I'd have never heard the end of it in here if he'd scored.

The team is looking a little bit rusty which is to be expected, but hopefully they'll soon get back into the groove.

It was great to be back at the Garden though. Went to the Fours for a pre-game snackette and a pint (OK, two pints), which was my attempt to give my money to local businesses rather than Jacobs. Pissing in the wind really, but it made me feel better.

I enjoy going to the matinee games. Poor Mr C's company doesn't recognise MLK Day, so he was at work, but bought me the ticket because his reasoning was that I'd be sitting on my arse at home watching the game anyway, so he reckoned I should have a bit of fun on my day off and actually see it live. What a guy!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 am

Every team that I have seen so far have looked a bit rusty. Product of an extended lockout + no preseason I suppose.

The Stars have looked just as disorganised for the most part and still trying to tidy up areas of their game. Too many silly penalties have killed momentum and Sunday they looked very flat and not quite with it. It looked like they needed a player to step up and control the game, a player who can put the team on his back and lead them no matter how tired they are....someone like...I dunno, Jamie Benn? Mad

In any case, it was a joy to watch Jagr on Saturday and very promising seeing Nilstorp stand on his head to keep his team in it on Sunday. He did everything bar scoring for himself.

Looking forward to tonights game in Detroit where we will see another pair of brothers facing off. Reilly Smith for Dallas and Brendan Smith for Detroit.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 am

Once again the Flames have decided to start their season a few games after everyone else Crying or Very sad
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

J-Iggy wrote:Once again the Flames have decided to start their season a few games after everyone else Crying or Very sad

And the Lundqvist brothers are obviously having a little joke with everyone and have switched teams.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 am

Hell, I even watched Bobrovsky play well last night. Was amazed!
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 am

Bob isn't shit. I don't know why people think he is.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 am

Jonzee wrote:Bob isn't shit. I don't know why people think he is.

Up to now he played for Philly?
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 am

You know what he is like, beef. Don't shoot low.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 am

DET apparently signing Kent Huskins today. One of the players I always thought was a shockingly bad NHL defensemen.

The kind of player where you looked at him and thought "Wow, this guy makes Niskanen look awesome."

I remember at one point having a question asked of me on 606 along the lines of 'xxxx xxxx and xxx never won a cup, but who do you think are the worst players to have won the SC?', and my answer was 'Kent Huskins'

Last edited by rocknrollnobody on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 am

More than happy with the season's start. It's always nice to destroy the inbred Wings and then get the better of the Preds, I would have put my mortgage on it going to a shoot out. Where as Saturday was all ablut class, last night was sheer grit and determination - which should put us in good stead for tonights game at Shite-cago.

The offense looking hungry and are incredibly fast around the ice...Whether that has anything to do with the two young guns, I don't know...but I like it. Even Chris Stewart is looking the part - which is more than he did for the entirity of last season.

Defensively, we are looking good - again the youngsters providing the flair, whilst Jackman is doing what Jackman does best...defending. Add Redden into the mix and things can only improve.

Goaltending - well, thats either finger licking good or arse wipe bad!. Elliott still hasn't conceded in a game and a half, whilst Halak gets pulled after giving up 3 goals in 11 shots....I wonder who will start tonight?

Long Live The Blues!!!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 am

TBF Halak would have probably been OK, but Elliott isn't going to need asking twice.

STL are one of the few teams where there doesn't appear to be one goalie considerably better than the other.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

rocknrollnobody wrote:DET apparently signing Kent Huskins today. One of the players I always thought was a shockingly bad NHL defensemen.

The kind of player where you looked at him and thought "Wow, this guy makes Niskanen look awesome."

I remember at one point having a question asked of me on 606 along the lines of 'xxxx xxxx and xxx never won a cup, but who do you think are the worst players to have won the SC?', and my answer was 'Kent Huskins'

I know the Blues had one of the best defenses, last season - but that was mainly down to great goaltending....and, not Huskins or Colo lol!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

We play the Blues on Saturday..... I wont lie.... I am not expecting much Sad
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 am

"Elliott still hasn't conceded in a game and a half, whilst Halak gets pulled after giving up 3 goals in 11 shots....I wonder who will start tonight?"

Unsurprisingly, it's Elliott.

Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next