606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live

+3
J-Iggy
CFCNick
mc_homer
7 posters

Go down

NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live Empty NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live

Post by mc_homer Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:50 am

mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live Empty Re: NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live

Post by CFCNick Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 am

YAY! I've been playing the balls off of the Madden 13 demo.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 am

I like the new speed bursts. The default controls on the demo are from NHL94. the modern controls are available but they don't seem right, hopefully their still working on that.

Scored with my first shot and then lost with 15 seconds to go after NJ dumped the puck down the middle and quick skated out straight past the puck Evil or Very Mad
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 pm

J-Iggy wrote:
Scored with my first shot and then lost with 15 seconds to go after NJ dumped the puck down the middle and quick skated out straight past the puck Evil or Very Mad

pmsl. Good to hear that EA are delivering their consistently high standards and providing consumers with a faultless and realistic hockey experience and in no way milking a cash cow released to coincide with a new NHL season.... Laughing
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm

ronnie pander wrote:
J-Iggy wrote:

pmsl. Good to hear that EA are delivering their consistently high standards and providing consumers with a faultless and realistic hockey experience and in no way milking a cash cow released to coincide with a new NHL season.... Laughing

To be fair this year it isn't released to coincide with a new season Rolling Eyes
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 pm

If you think about it, last years PS3 version was way ahead of its time. It managed to predict the lockout and stopped working after i completed the 11/12 season.

I obviously missed the CBA mode Sad
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 pm

mc_homer wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:
J-Iggy wrote:

To be fair this year it isn't released to coincide with a new season Rolling Eyes

But EA didn't know that....

PS Is a lock out likely then? I'll be honest I haven't paid too much attention to the NHL over the summer.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 pm

J-Iggy wrote:If you think about it, last years PS3 version was way ahead of its time. It managed to predict the lockout and stopped working after i completed the 11/12 season.

I obviously missed the CBA mode Sad

It was either ahead of its time or a throw-back to the 'delighted if you get a game that works' days of Commodore 64s and ZX Spectrums.

My money is on the later....
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Ahhhh the ZX Spectrum. They were the days you could do your 'homework' in the time it took to load a game sunny
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 pm

ronnie pander wrote:
PS Is a lock out likely then? I'll be honest I haven't paid too much attention to the NHL over the summer.

At this stage I would say that a lockout is about as likely as you saying something nice about the EA NHL series Smile

As for the demo, I am not completely won over by the new skating engine. I like what they are trying to do and I like that you are not as maneuverable at full speed but a lot of the time it feels like you are skating in mud.

That said I do like the improvements to the AI in that the players seem to make a better effort to pick up loose pucks as well as keeping the puck in the zone when skating along the blueline.

Still they had me sold at online GM mode Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 pm

mc_homer wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:

At this stage I would say that a lockout is about as likely as you saying something nice about the EA NHL series Smile

You mean the other way around
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 am

mc_homer wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:

Laughing

Not likely then?

The hockey off-season is just so long. After the drafting and initial free agent frenzy it seems to stretch out over the vastness of time and space. At least the footie is never too far away. Play up Pompey! Cool
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 am

ronnie pander wrote:Play up Pompey! Cool

QPR. The new Pompey.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 am

BuffonIdol wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:Play up Pompey! Cool

QPR. The new Pompey.

You mean it'll soon be revealed that they've been funded by arms dealing, supposedly bought by a skint Arab but really bought by a fictional Arab who is nothing more than a front for a Hong Kong business man looking to re-coup lost money from the arms dealer, sold to a shady group of Russians of which the money guy gets arrested before passing back into the hands of the Hong Kong business man who doesn't want to spend a penny on the club as it falls down the leagues whilst the incompetant English football authorites help kick the club whilst its down and deduct points despite the fact that they've already passed these various dubious owners as 'fit and proper'. Oh yeah, and having to put together an entire squad of new players for peanuts just days before the start of a new season...

Christ, wouldn't wish that on any club. Poor QPR. They were my late Grandad's team.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:06 am

Errrrr yeah I meant to say that a season was about as likely not lock out Embarassed
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 am

ronnie pander wrote:
mc_homer wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:

Laughing

Not likely then?

The hockey off-season is just so long. After the drafting and initial free agent frenzy it seems to stretch out over the vastness of time and space. At least the footie is never too far away. Play up Pompey! Cool

Take it you're not an NFL fan then. Come back and talk to me about long off-seasons when you have to wait from Feb 5th to Sept 5th. At least the Giants being champions has made this year go by nice and smooth, or maybe after 6 years I'm used it and just set into off-season mode.

I like the demo, the skating engine is tricky at first and I had to slightly adjust my playing style to get good. I've played two "play now"s and two NHL moments and have scored a grand total of one goal, although what a beautful one it was, Kopitar sliding to the right of Brodeur and back through his legs for a waiting Brown to deke left and take it to the top shelf. Other than that sublime moment I've been well and truly crap. Been having a lot of fun with the Madden demo too.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:08 am

Same as me on the 1 goal in 4 'games' which of course amounts to about 3 and a bit periods. My goal was anything but a beauty. I had a partial breakaway, got hooked by the defender who ended up knocking the goalie after he saved by attempt only for the puck to fall nicely to another player to deposit it into the empty net.

I certainly haven't seen anything to put me off buying it although Borderlands 2 is definitely dampening my enthusiasm of it Very Happy
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 am

Madden 13 is out next week plus I have a New York Giants UK fan club drink up on the weekend NHL 13 is out so it may be late September until I buy this depending on whether or not I buy FIFA.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:53 am

mc_homer wrote: Borderlands 2 is definitely dampening my enthusiasm of it Very Happy

NHL 13 demo live on Xbox live Claptr10
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 am

sportsportsport wrote:
I'M DANCING, I'M DANCING
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

sportsportsport wrote:
mc_homer wrote: Borderlands 2 is definitely dampening my enthusiasm of it Very Happy

You have no idea how much I love this image.....
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down