606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope we go out of the playoffs

+6
sportsportsport
DRIZ
Jonzee
mc_homer
ronnie pander
NYR_UK_Marc
10 posters

Go down

I hope we go out of the playoffs  Empty I hope we go out of the playoffs

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 am

Yep that's right i hope we are eliminated because this post season has just been a load of BS with nothing but terrible officiating on the ice and in the leagues offices. Everyone is aware of Shea Weber's little tantrum that led to Henrik Zetterberg's face becoming part of the glass. This was punished with a petty fine which wouldn't even pay for the plastic surgery to replace Zetterberg's face (OK that is slightly over the top lol).

On Saturday night Brandon Dubinsky is assessed a game misconduct penalty for being the 3rd man in to an altercation. The situation was Matt Carkner was only interested in beating the crap out of someone , he sucker punched Brian Boyle and kept beating the defenceless Boyle while he was on the ice. Dubinsky came diving in to his team mates aid which provoked a 10 man scrum on the ice. The penalties were as follows : Matt Carkner 2 minutes for roughing , 5 minutes for fighting and a game misconduct , Brandon Dubinsky 2 minutes for roughing , and a game misconduct. Boyle was left without a penalty to his name , Dubinsky was tossed from the game for being the 3rd man in to an altercation. YET THE F**KING REFS ACTUALLY ADMIT THERE WASN'T AN ALTERCATION BETWEEN BOYLE AND CARKNER.

In the same game Carl Hagelin was given a 5 minute major for elbowing when he struck Ottawa star Daniel Alfredsson to the head. It was a bad hit but it wasn't intentional and Hagelin was very remorseful and texted Alfie on Saturday night to apologise. Alfredsson didn't return to the game and could miss game 3 on Monday. Hagelin is a rookie with no previous history of bad hits etc. A post game penalty was in order but Hagelin was given a 3 game ban which in a playoff series is a massive amount of time. HOW CAN THE NHL JUSTIFY GIVING HAGELIN 3 GAMES WHILE WEBER PLAYS IN THE NEXT GAME AFTER SOMETHING THAT BAD.

Also something that should be pointed out is the BS game we saw last night between the Flyers and the Penguins, it was nothing short of embarrassing to someone who is a fan of hockey. Penguins were as usual their classless selves with a number of questionable hits and plays. However the league i doubt will ban half as many as they should and possibly won't ban anyone at all.

The NHL should be ashamed for making this years playoffs into a sham even though we are less than a week in
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

I hope we go out of the playoffs  Empty Re: I hope we go out of the playoffs

Post by ronnie pander Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:58 am

It could be worse. Look at yesterday's FA Cup semi-final. The ref took a guess and decided to give Chelsea a goal that he couldn't have possibly seen. Now that's a sham!

From a neutral's perspective I've enjoyed the play-off highlights so far.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:05 am

I have very much enjoyed the playoffs so far, the games have been entertaining and there has been no lack of hatred between players.

Have the suspensions (or lack of) been a joke? Yes but that hasn't lessened my enjoyment.

Weber should have had 3 games, Hagelin 1 but hey ho. If you like Marcy I will write a letter to Mr Bettman and have the Rangers swapped with the Stars if that helps Very Happy
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 am

I hope the Rangers go out of the playoffs, too.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 am

mc_homer wrote:I have very much enjoyed the playoffs so far, the games have been entertaining and there has been no lack of hatred between players.

Have the suspensions (or lack of) been a joke? Yes but that hasn't lessened my enjoyment.

Weber should have had 3 games, Hagelin 1 but hey ho. If you like Marcy I will write a letter to Mr Bettman and have the Rangers swapped with the Stars if that helps Very Happy

I'll buy the stamps
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 am

Excellent...given the recent price hike lol Razz
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 am

Help me out, please good people.

How can James Neal's 'assault' on young Couturier go unpunished?. The rookie was having a blinder and had shut Malkin out of the game. Then Neal 'checks' him head high from behind and leaves him prone on the ice. It was the worse 'hit' of the night by a mile yet went unpunished!!!

I was a real dumb ass shot, which totally overshadowed the skill he produced for his goal. Which was by far the best of the night!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 am

DRIZ wrote:
I was a real dumb ass....

Don't be so hard on yourself, mate.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 am

That's what caused all the fuss. He gets two there, he doesn't take a run at Giroux 30s later, which causes that last scrum.

So Neal, Asham, and Adams (instigator penalty in last 5 mins) need to miss at least one game each.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 am

Jonzee wrote:That's what caused all the fuss. He gets two there, he doesn't take a run at Giroux 30s later, which causes that last scrum.

So Neal, Asham, and Adams (instigator penalty in last 5 mins) need to miss at least one game each.

To be fair, I think quite a lot had gone before Very Happy. I also believe that Schenn should get a game out. He skated a long way to make that 'hit'. It was completely pre-meditated and I think he was lucky just to get a charging minor.
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am

ronnie pander wrote:
DRIZ wrote:
I was a real dumb ass....

Don't be so hard on yourself, mate.

Ha ha.... Very Happy . I would try to defend myself and make excuses....but there is no point.

I must be a dumb ass....I can't get this good hit/illegal hit the right way round at all Embarassed
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 am

I have to disagree with you on that one, Driz. He is coming in on the forecheck to hit a player with the puck (cleanly).
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 am

I don't like this....but I agree with Jonzee for a second time....Schenns hit was clean. Neals hits were both dirty and he deserves to sit as does Asham.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 am

Just pointing out that schenn got called for charging as he left his feet. Exactly what neal should have been called for later on in the game. Totally agree with jonzee that if the refs had made a simple interference/charging call on neal then problem solved. Refs have been shocking this series missing important calls for both teams and generally failing to keep the game in hand.
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 am

Asham shouldn't play for the rest of year by the way
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 am

sportsportsport wrote:. Refs have been shocking this series missing important calls for both teams and generally failing to keep the game in hand.

This has been the case in all series that I have watched so far , its disgusting
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Cross Checking people to the face is obviously the new craze. Everyone wants to play.

sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 pm

I was a bit confuzzled at the Matt Carkner and Carl Hagelin calls. Even shanaban referred back to Carkners previous NHL discipline and the fact that he is a bit of a goon, you know he will come back assault someone else.

Where as a rookie in Hagelin, making his first indiscretion gets 3!!!! scratch scratch

But there is some hope, has anyone seen the battle going on between Seidenberg and Ovechkin??? Both guys laying huge but CLEAN hits into each other with non of that silly melee stuff that happening afterwards
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 pm

sportsportsport wrote:Cross Checking people to the face is obviously the new craze. Everyone wants to play.

Ovechkin did it first and of course he didn't get anything for it.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:06 am

rugby-leafhockeyrocker wrote:But there is some hope, has anyone seen the battle going on between Seidenberg and Ovechkin??? Both guys laying huge but CLEAN hits into each other with non of that silly melee stuff that happening afterwards

Great isn't it? And last night's game was another close one.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 am

And last night's game was another close one. [/quote]

Your not wrong. I allowed myself to go back to bed when Steen made it 4-1, at the start of the third. 90mins later when I got up, we had scraped home by the odd goal in 7.....Not good for the old ticker affraid
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 pm

So, Backstrom and Neal get 1 game....Ashram gets 4......

How many do you think Torres will get?

Or will Shanahan think, like me, Hossa's a Hawk...so it doesn't matter Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 am

Calamity Jane wrote:
rugby-leafhockeyrocker wrote:But there is some hope, has anyone seen the battle going on between Seidenberg and Ovechkin??? Both guys laying huge but CLEAN hits into each other with non of that silly melee stuff that happening afterwards

Great isn't it? And last night's game was another close one.

yep, it is so refreshing to see that. I just get annoyed when there is a clean, legitimate hit and the melee happens, surely the onus should be on the guy who gets hit to man up??

All the games have been close, glad I ain't having to watch it as a fan of either team!! Razz

Also Shanahan has decided to dole out a 3 game suspension to shaw for his hit on smith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPuIvuP6O8
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 am

3 games for that? he hardly targeted the head it was a head on head collision, what was Shaw supposed to do, duck?
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 am

Jonzee wrote:I hope the Rangers go out of the playoffs, too.

Best comment Very Happy
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down