606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night!

+2
mc_homer
Welshmapleleaf
6 posters

Go down

Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night! Empty Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night!

Post by Welshmapleleaf Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:05 pm

There's hope for us all yet, or as the saying goes, it's not what you know but who you know!

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/11/23/2583884/paul-deutsch-minnesota-wild-goalie#storyjump

I just love this - this just wouldn't happen in most other sports!

Can you imagine sitting on the subs bench at Anfield as a reserve goalie????

cheers Laughing cheers
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night! Empty Re: Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night!

Post by mc_homer Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:45 pm

I saw that a few mins ago, great little story! There have been a few emergency call ups like this over the last few years. I bet it made that guys day/week/month/life? haha
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night! Empty Re: Wild dress 51 year old goalie last night!

Post by rocknrollnobody Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:53 pm

It's not too late for any of us yet...except maybe Driz...
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

rocknrollnobody wrote:It's not too late for any of us yet...except maybe Driz...

Excuse me....I'd be up for it and I'd fill the net a damn sight better than you bunch of scrawny little runts Razz

There would be no rebounds off of my midrift Very Happy

Bring it on, Lucic....you horrible little worm. Uncle Driz will put you over his knee and tan your arse. Put you back in your place, you little classroom bully Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 am

DRIZ wrote:
rocknrollnobody wrote:It's not too late for any of us yet...except maybe Driz...

Excuse me....I'd be up for it and I'd fill the net a damn sight better than you bunch of scrawny little runts Razz

There would be no rebounds off of my midrift Very Happy

Bring it on, Lucic....you horrible little worm. Uncle Driz will put you over his knee and tan your arse. Put you back in your place, you little classroom bully Very Happy

8 minute response time? Not bad. Almost as quick as Keith Keane...
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 am

[quote="DRIZ]Bring it on, Lucic....you horrible little worm. Uncle Driz will put you over his knee and tan your arse. Put you back in your place, you little classroom bully Very Happy [/quote]

Driz - really? Could you skate that far out of the crease?
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:42 am

We'd all consider ourselves more than a bit lucky if we knew the GM and ended up in prcatice taking some shots, but to actually sit on the bench in a game?

I think I would die of pride (with a bloody great smile on my face!) to think that my name had even entered NHL history books, never mind all the photos I would have got my family to take of me dressed and on the bench! lol! !!!!!!!!
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:43 am

I always imagined Driz as a skater, playing on the Wellwood line pig elephant
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:44 am

Gettin' Iggy with it wrote:I always imagined Driz as a skater, playing on the Wellwood line pig elephant

Does the Wellwood line play slightly wider than other lines?
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 am

The Wellwood line get stuck in their own zone when Wellwood thinks the circles are donuts and tries to eat them.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:52 am

rocknrollnobody wrote:
Gettin' Iggy with it wrote:I always imagined Driz as a skater, playing on the Wellwood line pig elephant

Does the Wellwood line play slightly wider than other lines?

Yeah, its a part of their "all round" game.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down