606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did anyone else watch the Bruins game?

+2
YourDallasStars
Calamity Jane
6 posters

Go down

Did anyone else watch the Bruins game? Empty Did anyone else watch the Bruins game?

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:25 pm

What a debacle. Eighty-two PIMs to the Bruins. Twenty-two PIMs to the Canes. A total of 11 minutes of five-on-three. Claude Julien sent off. Idiot fans throwing stuff onto the ice. Rask given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for crossing the red-line. And I lost count of how many players were in the box at the end of the game. A complete embarrassment.

Last edited by Calamity Jane on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bruins had even more PIMs than I thought! And I've corrected the typo in the title.)
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Did anyone else watch the Bruins game? Empty Re: Did anyone else watch the Bruins game?

Post by YourDallasStars Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Slow start is obviously getting to them and frustrating both the players and the fans. Because you won the cup last year the fans think you will beat most teams you have played so far such as the Hurricanes with ease but it is a different story.

Still a great side and anyone would be mad to write yo off already!
YourDallasStars
YourDallasStars

Back to top Go down

Did anyone else watch the Bruins game? Empty Re: Did anyone else watch the Bruins game?

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 pm

They need to channel that frustration. The Canes knew exactly how to deal with the Bruins. They refused to fight which got the B's even more wound up and undisciplined. I felt sorry for Rask. It's the second time he's been in goal this season and once again he was let down by the rest of the team.

And Ward was outstanding in goal for the Canes. If one of the Bruins early chances had gone in, then it would have been a very different game.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Can we have another Big Bruins Meltdown tonight please CJ? It's just that with Phil coming back to town on such a streak it would be a shame to gain your composure too quickly! Laughing
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm

I get the sinking feeling that a game against Phil Kessel is just what the Brewing Bruins need Sad
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Yerp. The Leafs site is full of articles about when his streak will end. I mean, come on! Talk about the Leafs glass being half empty!!!!!! 9 points out of a possible ten and all they can ask is when will it end????? Shocked
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 pm

I am absolutely crapping it re tonight's game. When Kess first signed for the Leafs, I said to Buff that it was only a matter of time before he's zipping up the Garden ice and scoring a hat-trick on Thomas. And I really do think that it could happen tonight.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:32 pm

I hope you're right CJ but I too am crapping it, as I believe there is only so long your team can be so poor. I can just see you giving us a right pasting if we play like we did for the first 2 periods last night!
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:21 pm

yeah i did last night Sad
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Have to say I thought it would happen - we've been shaky for a couple of games now, and they were bound to straighten up after that debacle the other night. Lets hope we can bounce straight back!
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Saw this coming a mile off as mentioned yesterday. Boston always picks it game up against us, especially Timmy T! For me Wilson got it wrong. Play Jonas against the Peg and Reimer against the Bruins. And I'm still not happy Kadri was playing, we always seem to lose with him in the team...
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmapleleaf Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm beginning to think all the hype about Kadri is limited to Leafs fans, he's certainly not coming through like I thought he would by now. And yes, Wilson got it wrong re Reimer/Monster. But I'm beginning to think it's Wilson's last season in T.O. unless he flukes a playoff spot. I think the first few results have flattered us tbh.
Welshmapleleaf
Welshmapleleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:58 pm

It is ominous for Wilson. There has been no talk from either side about a desire to get a new contract sorted (thank god!).

I've never been one to hype Kadri, never liked him from the start. Be a bit more patient with him, he probably will come good, but I see him as noting more than a 60 point second liner with no further contribution to make. Not a penalty killer, or checker, or speed demon, or power forward, or sniper. Just a standard forward.

Unfortunately the Leafs organisation thought they were drafting a first line centre to replace Mats Sundin and the fans lapped it up (fools), even worse is the fact that Kadri seems to believe the hype as well and despite a good deal of rhetoric from him and the management about a great work ethic and desire to succeed he just seems to think he deserves his place in the team and that it will all come to him. It won't and his attitude will only hamper his career.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Have to say as soon as I saw it wasn't Reimer in goal for the Leafs I knew we were going to win it.

Sorry Leafs fans, but we needed that one. And I think that would have been the result against whoever we'd played. The memories of the Tuesday night game needed burying and unfortunately for the Leafs, they were the next team up.

And I'd still take Kessel back. (though I did enjoy watching Chara squash him into the boards).
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 pm

I think Kadri has now been overtaken by so many players in the organisation the only thing left for him is a trade while his value is high (ish). I would rather see Connolly (eventually), Bozak, Lombardi, Colborne and even McKegg ahead of him.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 pm

leafygiraffe wrote:I think Kadri has now been overtaken by so many players in the organisation the only thing left for him is a trade while his value is high (ish). I would rather see Connolly (eventually), Bozak, Lombardi, Colborne and even McKegg ahead of him.

Agreed. I think the fact that he has switched to playing on the wing demonstrates that even the management don't truly hold much faith in him making a huge impact in the league. The thing is, as Welshy mentioned, I don't think his stock is that high outside of Budland. Maybe we can ship him to the Flames Smile

P.S. Leafy why is your new profile picture a homage to the Blues? Did you lose an office bet with Driz?
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am

Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down