606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January

+2
Azzy Luongo
NYR_UK_Marc
6 posters

Go down

Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January  Empty Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January

Post by NYR_UK_Marc Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am

Day 37
155 Boston Shamrock's vs Duck a l'orange
156 Stevenage Beefs vs Iowa Chops (Rivalry)

Day 38
157 Iowa Chops vs Stevenage Beefs (Rivalry)
158 Knights of Columbus vs Vancouver Schmucks
159 Swansea Sharks vs Fumblesaurus Rex (Rivalry)

Day 39
160 Fairytale Buttercups vs Boston Shamrock's
161 Duck a l'orange vs Watford Capitals
NYR_UK_Marc
NYR_UK_Marc

Back to top Go down

Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January  Empty Re: Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January

Post by Azzy Luongo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:37 am

I'm finding a sim every night too much. I have a full-time job and a family to look after / spend time with...

Spending half an hour every night doing the 3 stars is a killer, plus I don't have any time to actually manage my team, tinker with line-ups etc. I'm just rushing lineups, not paying enough attention to my team, and basically not enjoying this nearly as much.

What about others?
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January  Empty Re: Day 13 of simulations set for 7th January

Post by ronnie pander Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey, Azzy - I can understand you having trouble doing the three stars for every night and perhaps you bit off more than you can chew there. But I don't have any problem with the sim being run every night. Personally I don't really bother changing my team (as I suspect most people don't) and does any tinkering you do ever really make a difference anyway? It's only supposed to be a bit of fun. If the seasons take ages to complete then it almost seems pointless drafting the younsters and developing players because we'll never play enough seasons to make it worth while.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 pm

I too am happy to continue at the current pace. I'm not too fussed if I miss a couple of games since we can set our lines 10 games in advance. Over micro-management will just slow things down. It will already take 6 months to complete a season at the current pace. Azzy take a breather from the 3 stars articles if you like- maybe just do one a week instead? I'm sure nobody would mind since we all enjoy them so much I am sure it would be worth the wait!!
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Like Buff said Azzy maybe do a weekly 3 stars or something?

The only reason I moved to nightly sims is that last season we had a much heavier schedule in terms of games per day with some teams playing 5-6 sim days in a row so the schedule was done quickly. If we only did 3 days a week that is 9 sim days per 7 actual days....the season will then take the best part of the year!

You can always send me lines for multiple days worth of sims if you like and include a disaster plan so to speak if you have certain guys in mind to cover say for example an injury to a top 6 forward and maybe someone else if it is a bottom 6 forward and I can make the change should that happen.

The only other option I had was 3 sims a week but with more than 3 days per sim in which case we would see more problems with injuries and waiver times would need to be increased otherwise players would pass waivers during one sim!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm happy to keep things as they are, really - I actually like having a game per night! The wife was nagging me at midnight last night about 'always being on that bloody hockey game'...

Carry on as you were my good man Smile
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Hahaha poor Azzy....get her involved, that way she cannot complain eh Mandy? Rolling Eyes
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeygurl13 Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am

mc_homer wrote:Hahaha poor Azzy....get her involved, that way she cannot complain eh Mandy? Rolling Eyes

Shush you......
hockeygurl13
hockeygurl13

https://www.youtube.com/hg133

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:30 am

What a Face
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down