606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Successful draft for franchise

Go down

Successful draft for franchise Empty Successful draft for franchise

Post by BuffonIdol Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am

Artturi Lekhonen, Wing, first round 12th overall

With Scott Glennie, Brett Connolly, Nazem Kadri and Filip Fosrberg all likely to make the jump to the pro league in the next 2 seasons the farm will soon begin to lack prospect depth on the wing. Lekhonen's arrival signals a plan to continue this successful production of young winners. He will likely play significant time on a line with fellow prospect, and only pro-league projected wing, Jeff Jopter for the Pirates this season.

Gm Buff: "Arturri was predicted to be off the board at about 30-35 by the central scouting agency so some will think we have reached with this pick but for us he was one of the top two wingers in this draft. He is a well rounded player who needs to work on his skating a little and we will give him every opportunity to do that."

William Carrier, Centre, third round 43rd overall

Buff had to wait an age before being able to pick again. He choose Carrier, an erratic centre with plenty of potential and crucially an keen eye on the dot. Carrier had been overlooked by many other teams but Chatham felt he was by far and away the best forward left on the board at this point. He could be the pivot on a third line between Jopter and Lekhonen in Portsmouth this season.

GM Buff: "I couldn't believe he fell to us as this position in the draft. Last season was the first under my tenure that the Pirates did not make the play-offs and I think this is partly down to not being in a position to roll three scoring lines. William takes us back to this level."

Bo Fonidol, Defence, fourth round 59th overall

Fonidol has played his college days on the wing. Reports that he was drafted just because he is the illegitimate love child of GM Buff and an unnamed actress believed to be either Kirsten Dunst or Scarlet Johansson are true.

GM Buff: "I don't know much about this kid and that is wrong, I want to use our time together to right the wrongs. Also he can hit, big."

Pete Sportsportsport, Wing, fifith round75th overall

Pete is a big bruising winger who will drop the gloves like a cave troll.

GM Buff: "I can neither confirm nor deny rumours that the lad is illegitimate love child of rival GM Sportsportsport and Evengi Malkin but I won't deny that the similarities are uncanny"
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down