606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoff Updates

3 posters

Go down

Playoff Updates Empty Playoff Updates

Post by J-Iggy Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:56 am

The Colombia Steves find themselves on the verge of elimination after loosing the opening three games to the Rex.

GM Iggy: "We haven't really got going. We always knew it would be a struggle even with home ice. Realistically we finished with the second fewest points of all the teams that made the playoffs, so were just going out there to play our best and show the fans how much we care."

Meanwhile down on the farm, the Dinosaurs trail 2-1 against the Army Surplus. After a dominant opening game win, the following games have been decided by one goal.

GM Iggy: We can still win this! All the talk is about them sending down a whole bunch of Pro players who never played a single farm game all season. Well i don't think that's how the game should be played, but what choice do we have other then to call on David Perron? Will that be enough? We will have to wait and see, but those young kids need to focus that anger on the ice and show everyone why they topped the league this season! if we do make it David will be scratched and we will go on to win the cup with the guys that got us here."

Game 4 for both teams is in two days time.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Playoff Updates Empty Re: Playoff Updates

Post by DRIZ Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 am

I agonised over the decision for all of about...15 seconds. Play dirty or get utterly destroyed...and, as we are The Mob....rules are for....well Twisted Evil
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 am

I suppose that's an advantage of your pro team not being good enough to make the playoffs.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:49 pm

The Colombia Steves fell to the Rex 4 - 0.

GM J-Iggy: We always knew we were punching above our weight this season. Were very proud to have won our division and were excited about next year. Plans for the season 6 roster are well underway, and we should be in a much stronger position. Once again we expect to challenge for the division title and make a stronger playoff run. We would like to thank all the fans for their great support this season.

The Brian Dinosaurs came out victorious after an epic battle against the Specials. A solid performance saw them win games 6 and 7 to complete the comeback.

GM J-Iggy: I am so proud of our young guys who battled so hard against what was mostly their pro team. We will take a lot of confidence and momentum with us into the next round. Perron and the D we called upon for this series will now be scratched and you should expect the same line up that finished the regular season to start game 1. The mob should know better then to mess with Colombians! WOOOO YEAH! cheers
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Brian Dinosaurs find themselves in a strong position winning the first three games against the Steel Wings.

GM J-Iggy: I am very happy with the way the guys are playing out there. It's important to be disciplined against this team because their PP is very good. 8 PIMs in three games shows just how disciplined we have been. Game four on the road tonight will be a tough game, they won't go down without a fight and our players will need to remain focused and get the job done. We've seen teams blow three game leads before, we don't want to be one of those teams.

J-Iggy refused to comment on the rumours of the league restructuring next season.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

The Brian Dinosaurs completed the sweep with another win in Game 4. They will have a few days rest while their opponents are decided. Will it be the BB or the BBB?

GM J-Iggy: WOOOOO YEAH BABAY IN YOU'R FACE DRIZ! Yeah, were still celebrating beating the specials. Thats bigger then winning any trophy. But now its time to win the big one, the trophy! I don't care who we play as long as when its over i am WOOOOing in someones face!
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 am

J-Iggy wrote:I don't care who we play as long as when its over i am WOOOOing in someones face!

I'm not sure I wanna be in the final now Shocked
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:46 pm

And so it beefgins...
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Bring it fossils!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm

After a big defeat in game 1 the Brian Dinosaurs have come back strong to take a 3-1 lead against the Baby Beef.

GM J-Iggy: The beef were coming off of a big comeback victory to make it to the finals, we had been sitting around waiting and they caught us unprepared. We had to make a few changes and more importantly we had to stop taking so many penalties. Budaj was in need of a rest having started the previous 11 games and Conz has been excellent since he stepped in. We appear to have the penalty issue under control now and our secondary scoring has been the difference. If we can continue to limit the chances for their top six we have a great chance of ending this series tonight.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm

The Brain Dinosaurs have defeated the baby beef in game 6 of the playoff finals, winning the Queen Cup!

GM J-Iggy: WOOOOOOO YEEEAAAAHHHHH!! IN YOUR FACE! It all started when we destroyed Driz and his team of cheats. That’s the real victory here, destroying Driz. But the baby beef were a worthy opponent and had a nasty habit of scoring late goals in an attempt to fight back. Fortunately we kept them at bay and managed to win the series. We finished top of the league scoring the most goals and conceding the fewest, we deserved to win this cup. Were going to fly back to Colombia tonight (to avoid the beef riots) and party all summer long! Next season should be very interesting with the announcement of the new divisions. Were going to have to make sure we come back prepared and continue to develop our young team of stars.

cheers queen cheers queen cheers queen cheers queen cheers queen cheers queen cheers queen cheers
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Congratulations Sad that is twice your franchise has beaten me in the final Evil or Very Mad next time you just wait Twisted Evil
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I don't really expect my farm to be contenders for the cup next season. My top players need to move on to the pros. Maybee we will meet in the pro finals next season? Smile

To be fair, the games were very close and 4-2 doesn't really show that.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Indeed, after the double 4-1 wins we each got the other games were all pretty close. If only I hadn't called up Oscar Moller to the pros this year..... To be honest I am surprised I made the final as with Moller and Rundblad being called up after carrying the team last year I thought they might struggle so I can't be too disappointed.

I will take a pro final match up next year though Very Happy
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

I need to check but I have a feeling it was this franchise in an earlier form that I actually beat in the first pro final..... our teams have a lot of history now!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down