606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback and suggestions

+4
DRIZ
Calamity Jane
mc_homer
Monty
8 posters

Go down

Feedback and suggestions Empty Feedback and suggestions

Post by Monty Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:40 am

Obviously with all this being in a very embryonic state, there is scope for potential improvement!!

So, got any constructive criticism in order to make this a better forum? Happy with it how it is?

Let us know!
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Feedback and suggestions Empty Re: Feedback and suggestions

Post by Monty Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Bump. With 606 closing in a matter of months, what can we do to the site to improve it? What will make you use it more? Please, let us know!
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 pm

I know CJ has suggested sub forums for each NHL team. I have said I will bear that in mind if traffic on here increases to that level but as of right now I think it will be too cluttered and will see a lot of blank forums.

Perhaps we could have division sub forums instead? 6 is better than 30 right? Smile

I will hold of on any changes as of yet though as I have seen a number of other alternatives crop up so we may not see much of a change on here at all.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 pm

I wasn't really being serious when I suggested separate forums for each team. You'd have to go into the Preds forum every week to sweep up the tumbleweeds that have accumulated Smile
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Haha fair enough! I just know you want your own little private Bruins section so you can post pictures of Savard and drool over them Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:38 am

Savard is old news...too many headaches apparently!!!

Its Tiny Timmy T's turn now... CJ admitted her feelings yesterday on 606. At the same time she also let slip that Mr Calamity has a replica Timmy T jersey.....Is it just sheer co-incidence!!!!!

She also mentioned something about 'fists' and 'crashing the net'.....I just hope they are not youtherisms!!!!!! Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

Oi, stop making me laugh you bad lot! It might be Friday afternoon for you, but it's only Friday morning for me and I'm supposed to be sensible. Nah, that's gonna happen. Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 am

Sensible? you?.... never gonna happen!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by penguinpunk71 Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 am

Can we get a Crosby is god section?

penguinpunk71

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey, imo the forum is fine as it is. It allows people to post their own threads and comment on others and that's all you need really! Everyone seems mature enough....even Jonzee...so moderation isn't an issue. A good few of the 606 hockey community are already here and I guess you're not really likely to pick up many others when the Beeb shut their board down - which is a shame. Best case scenario is that you get 30-40 regular enough posters who use this site once 606 has ceased to be and if not then it simply falls back into the use it was intended - the sim league. Personally I think the attempt at the 606 MkII will crash and burn pretty quickly...
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 am

<Everyone seems mature enough....even Jonzee...> lol!

Totally agree about the 606 alternatives crashing and burning. There are arguments popping up all over the footie boards as to which one is the best, so you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll all start WUMming and sabotaging rival boards. I signed up to the 606v2 just to have a look, but much prefer it in here.

I had a look at one of the alternatives and it's full of 15 year old football fans all swearing like Bruce Boudreau.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 am

What is it said about 9 out of 10 new businesses failing in the first year - it's the same with messageboards. You need quite a sizable and active group to make a board work. I'm a member of a Pompey forum whose origins trace back to 606 but it was only because a fairly large and tightknit community had accumulated over a few years on the BBC site that the offshoot worked (almost 5 years old now). I'm not sure if it's the same situation with the ice hockey guys but as many of us are already registered on here it seems logical to use Homer's brainchild!
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 am

And by using Homer's site, we avoid idiots like that knuckle-dragging neanderthal who's currently trying his hardest to disrupt the 'how to impress a girl' thread while the rest of us completely ignore him.

Who keeps modding him? Is it the Beeb mods? It's not me because I've been enjoying watching him morph into enraged attention-seeking toddler mode Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am

Calamity Jane wrote:And by using Homer's site, we avoid idiots like that knuckle-dragging neanderthal who's currently trying his hardest to disrupt the 'how to impress a girl' thread while the rest of us completely ignore him.

Who keeps modding him? Is it the Beeb mods? It's not me because I've been enjoying watching him morph into enraged attention-seeking toddler mode Very Happy

I have quickly run over to that thread to see what you were talking about but they must have removed his posts already since it says there are 20 replies but only 17 show up. Gutted. Love reading the occasional troll.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 am

The troll reckons that all female hockey fans are lesbians (how very unoriginal). I'm guessing the word automatically sets alarm bells off at the BBC and the post gets removed pronto. Shame really. He'd just got to the foot stamping "look at me, look at me!" stage Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

knuckle dragging neanderthals.....I didn't realise we had met before CJ!!!!! Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:39 am

1. recruitment drive to fill the last remaining spot/s

2. ask NHL.com to add an option so that when you're viewing career stats, only 'active' players appear Rolling Eyes
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down