606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highly anticipated

Go down

Highly anticipated  Empty Highly anticipated

Post by BuffonIdol Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm

The off-season has been a bountiful one as Chatham Victory General Manager Buff maintained a reputation for brokering high level trades. We took a moment to catch up with the Idol at a swish Victory charity bash.

Reporter: “You’re honourable Buff, what was the plan this time around?”

Buff: “Well as you know Jerry I change my plan every season, it keeps my staff and players, as well as other GMs on their toes.”

Reporter: “Okay, well my name is Natalie but never mi….

Buff (interrupting): “Well where the hell is Jerry? I won’t speak to anyone else! This station is a joke”

Reporter: “I’m sorry but I don’t think there is a Jerry at this station.”

Buff: ”What do you mean there is no Jerry? Who hired this girl?” (turns to producer and waves violently)

Reporter: “Honestly sir I have no idea who Jerry is!”

Buff: “Well of course you don’t – you wouldn’t hit water if you fell off the Titanic” (hands reporter brightly coloured jacket) “Here put this on, you can at least pretend to be Jerry”

Reporter: “Oh I see – you meant Cherry, Don Cherry!”

Buff: “No I meant Jerry, as in Jerry Springer, he works on this station right?”

Reporter: “Why would you want Jerry Springer?”

Buff: “Me and James Wisnieswki had a bust up over who gets to be the green hippo on hungry hippos and I thought Jerry might be able to help us through it, that is what today is all about isn’t it”

Reporter: “Well why did you mention hockey game plans at the beginning of this interview then?

Buff: “Hockey? Who mentioned anything about hockey? I was talking about Hungry Hippos game plans! Look, I like to mix it up, one day we play with ball-bearings the next day chick peas. Is Jerry almost here yet?”

Reporter: “Erm I don’t think Jerry is coming, he doesn’t know you need him”

Buff: “He should do. I wouldn’t stop ringing his hot line last night. This needs sorting dammit!”
(Buff stands up and storms off- hungry hippos under his armpit)

Reporter (to empty chair): “Well thanks for that Mr Idol, insightful as always.”

After the conclusion of the interview the Victory organisation released a short statement:
“What our esteemed General Manager had meant to say, and there may have been some misunderstanding of the message at the interview, was that he is excited to be working with so many new and talented forwards this year. We feel that their experience will prove invaluable in the organisations efforts to make its first play-off appearance. A summary of our dealings this off-season can be found below”.

IN
Vincent Lecavalier (trade)
Johan Franzen (trade)
Jason Williams (trade)
Sergei Kostitsyn (trade)
Johnathan Huberdeau (draft)
Logan Wolversine (draft)
Ty Rattie (draft)

OUT
Jiri Hudler (trade)
Mikkel Boedker (trade)
Jarret Stoll (trade)