606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs

3 posters

Go down

Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs Empty Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs

Post by mc_homer Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

9 points back with a possible 10 to play for, the Beefs cannot afford to lose a single game now. Tonight could very well be the night the defending champions are officially knocked out of the playoff race and what is most intriguing is that they could be knocked out by the very team they beat in last seasons final, the Knights of Columbus.

The teams have met once this season already with the Beefs taking that decision 2-1 on the back of a 37 save performance by Deslauriers and goals from Michalek and Gilbert. The team that takes the ice will be a bit different as Gilbert was shipped out at the trade deadline.

The Beefs also take on the Moose Jaw Giraffes the day after KoC. The Giraffes destroyed the Beefs in their last meeting 5-1 despite being outshot 32-20. The Beefs will need strong performances in goal in both games given that a single loss will knock them out and the Giraffes are coming off 2 straight losses which saw them concede 13 goals so expect them to be fully up for this game.

Of course the Beefs destiny is largely in the hands of the Crunch who can finish the Beefs off tonight with a win over Chatham Victory to put them out of reach for the Beefs.

In other news the Baby Beefs are still in the thick of things vying for a 2nd straight playoff appearance and will look to top the 100 point barrier tonight.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs Empty Re: Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:00 am

mc_homer wrote:

Of course the Beefs destiny is largely in the hands of the Crunch who can finish the Beefs off tonight with a win over Chatham Victory to put them out of reach for the Beefs.

Well that's you finished then isn't it Razz
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs Empty Re: Beefs on the verge of missing playoffs

Post by ronnie pander Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:25 am

Boo-hoo - welcome to my world.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Sad
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 pm

It is your own fault- you scheduled my team to play games 760, 762 and 766 with the Crunch as the last one. What did you expect... make my schedule a little easier next season and I might be able to help Wink
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Nah I blame my 8 game losing streak!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Ahhh yeah I've had a fair few of those... annoying little buggers aren't they!
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Sure are, bloody Kipper....
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down