606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Dilemma

+2
Jonzee
Calamity Jane
6 posters

Go down

My Dilemma Empty My Dilemma

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:20 am

So it's the final couple of days of my ESPN fantasy league before we enter the playoffs and the standings are currently

1. Trumpton Rioters (my team!)
2. Cheating Buffalo Scumbag (guy who beat me last year)
3. Commish's sister
4. Mr C

Mr C and the Commish's sis are locked in their places. But I'm only one game in front of the Buffalo guy. If we both win, I finish top, but if I lose and he wins, then I'll finish second. I'm currently playing, and losing to Mr C. He's got Datsuyk and D. Sedin on his team, the git. And Buffalo guy is winning his matchup.

My dilemma is, do I deliberately lose to Mr C which puts me in second place but actually gives me an easier playoff game against the Commish's sis, or do I try and win and get the glory of first place, but which gives me a bloody tricky playoff game against Mr C? During the regular season, I hammered the Commish's sis, but barely scraped wins against Mr C.

Another advantage to finishing second is Mr C will play the Buffalo guy and Mr C is the only person who's beaten him twice this season. However, this scenario could also lead to me vs. Mr C in the grand final and if that happens, there will definitely be blood, fisticuffs, team sabotage (oh look, Pavel's on the bench. I wonder how that happened?), and a bit of shoving head first down the basement steps.

Ah screw it. Death or glory. I'm going for the President's Trophy. cheers
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

My Dilemma Empty Re: My Dilemma

Post by Jonzee Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:47 am

Make it interesting with Mr. C. Say if you win, you get some of his chocolate ice cream.

In my fantasy american football, I finished with the most pts scored, but only 3rd overall. I then swept the playoffs for my first ever fantasy sport win.

feelsgoodman.jpg
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 am

Damn, he's still ten points in front of me. I've only got myself to blame seeing I was the one who suggested he pick up Jamie Benn. Actually I'm blaming Homer. He keeps telling us just how good Benn is, so that's why I made the suggestion. Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Calamity Jane wrote:Damn, he's still ten points in front of me. I've only got myself to blame seeing I was the one who suggested he pick up Jamie Benn. Actually I'm blaming Homer. He keeps telling us just how good Benn is, so that's why I made the suggestion. Very Happy

Hey you can't blame me for you passing on my awesome wisdom Wink
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Well it sure as hell backfired on me. I lost our match up and have finished second Sad

I'm also laying some of the blame on Leafy and Buffon for bigging up Clarke MacArthur.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

The only Clark(e) I have ever bigged up was Wendel Clark (and Clark Kent!) Cool
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 am

If you are:

a. Going to listen to Leafy...

and then

b. Act on it

Then to be honest, you only have yourself to blame. As penance, you should go now to the bathroom and dye your hair blond.....It is all you deserve Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 am

Hmmm, well seeing as my hair is currently a rather improbable shade of burgandy, maybe going blonde isn't such a bad idea.

That McArthur chap has been a revalation on Mr C's team. I think for the playoffs I'm going to tell him to drop D Sedin and pick up Kyle Wellwood in his place. Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason66 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Calamity Jane wrote:I think for the playoffs I'm going to tell him to drop D Sedin and pick up Kyle Wellwood in his place. Very Happy

But then he wont concede any goals for the rest of the season, as the gameplan will be to have Wellwood sit in the crease.

A whole new take on 'parking the bus'!

Mason66
Mason66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down