606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex sign FA Andy Hilbert

Go down

Rex sign FA Andy Hilbert Empty Rex sign FA Andy Hilbert

Post by Jonzee Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 am

Andy Hilbert was today signed to a multi-year deal by the Rex after some stiff bidding for his services. Cory Clouston had the following to say:
"I'm very happy that our GM managed to scrape together enough cash to sign Andy. He is a player I have had my eye on, and I think that he will make a significant contribution to the team. We have moved him back to his preferred position of LW, and this has also helped address one of the major issues of the team that we could not get covered in the recent Draft."

Answering a follow up question, Clouston confirmed that Andy Hilbert will slot straight in to the 3rd line LW position. "Andy's defensive mindset is perfect for what I am looking for on the 3rd line. I would like to thank both Ville Leino and Peter Olvecky for their efforts on this line, and I will see which of them gets the start on the 4th line."

Asked if there was any more team news in the work, Clouston re-directed the question to GM Jones, who answered "We did have a potential move for Sidney Crosby in the works, but the asking price of a 5th round pick was simply too much" which was greeted by a chorus of laughter in the press room.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down