606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of season report

Go down

End of season report  Empty End of season report

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 pm

The first season has now come to an end for the Mcbuck CherryPickers franchise, finishing 6th in the conference and 11th overall, with a total points value of 88 and going 40-34-8 for entire season. Its a far cry from when the franchise was first known as the super sheep, flying high in the division and conference and seemingly poised for a play-off spot. some pundits calling this a great example of how a rookie GM can come in and mess things up however GM rugby-leafhockeyrocker hit back saying 'well that is proper managing is it not?'

so where does this leave the Franchise. Captain Brian Rafalski had some words to say 'obviously the guys are very dissappointed to be finishing so early, i can only credit them for giving 100% commitment right until the death and even when we where eliminated from the play-off race, i can only hope these guys are willing to stay as there a great foundations and pillars to build around'

fans can rest assured that the magority of the team will be back but there may be some dabbles into the free agent market, never the less the core of the team will remain.

'there is not a lot im looking to change' mentioned the GM, 'Our keeper Voukoun was great and has arguably been the stand-out player for us this season, our defense is one of the hardest hitting, with Mckee, Seabrook and Wallin to name a few, i was also pleased with the form Grabovski showed towards the end of the season.'

as the GM and everyone connected to Scotland Hockey Place knows, offense was a major stumbling block. The Mcbuck CherryPickers has the worst powerplay of anyteam, and our goals average was below the leauge average, also getting a streak together was next to impossible, with the best streak of 3 wins coming in the last 3 games of the season. The GM continued on this issue 'we have loads of players that can see a pass and execute it, just not alot of people that can put it in the back of the net, ultimately goals win you games and we did not score enough simples! With the draft approaching im looking to draft some offensive talent. Wether its on forwards or defense i do not know, you are just going to have to wait and see'.

Fans are already excited by this news, and hope to see better form in the next season
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum