606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distribution of output folder - PLEASE READ

Go down

Distribution of output folder - PLEASE READ Empty Distribution of output folder - PLEASE READ

Post by mc_homer Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:50 am

I have come across a new way of distributing the output folder and I think this will be the easiest and most convenient way to get you the files.

The service is called drop box and I will send you all invites to it later tonight. This is how it works.

From the invite you just need to sign up, don't worry it is completely free, and all you need to do is put in your name and then register with an email address and password.

This will prompt you to download the drop box software which you don't actually have to do but it does make it easier for yourself. This software will create a folder within 'My Documents' called 'My Dropbox'. I will put the output folder in here and share it with you, all you need to do is accept the share (invite will be in email) and then it will automatically sync this with my shared folder meaning you don't need to download anything to get the up to date files they will automatically download when I copy them to it.

For those of you who may not be happy with installing the software, you can still sign up and accept the share. This will allow you to see the documents via the website and you can then choose to download them at your own leisure.

This one little set up will make getting these files an awful lot easier and there will be no unzipping and overwriting of files then worrying if you have the latest ones or not.

I will still upload tonights results to rapidshare but will be sending invites tonight and the files will then be available for you to access as soon as you sign up. I will aim to stop using rapidshare by the end of next week.

Last edited by mc_homer on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Distribution of output folder - PLEASE READ Empty Re: Distribution of output folder - PLEASE READ

Post by mc_homer Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:40 am

I will add there is also an iPhone app for this so once signed up and synced, the iPhone/iPod touch users among you will now be able to view your results on the move too Wink
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down