606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show some effort Sergei!

+2
mc_homer
CFCNick
6 posters

Go down

Show some effort Sergei! Empty Show some effort Sergei!

Post by CFCNick Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 pm

I know it's late in the game and it's an empty netter but seriously. Gonchar's lack of anything was amazing and obviously not the first time he's been a lazy git. They might have kept it out after the other defender tried hard to get to the goal.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Show some effort Sergei! Empty Re: Show some effort Sergei!

Post by mc_homer Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Seriously? Out of all the things that happened last night that is the one you feel deserves a thread? If I'm the coach I am more worried about the general defensive coverage on the other 3 goals than the effort of someone behind a guy steaming in on an empty net.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 pm

I didn't watch the game. Just the 5 minute highlights. You have to admit he could have done more on that play.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:52 pm

No I don't agree... there were 3 forwards coming down and it looked like he might pass it across first. I don't think that was a lack of effort it just looked like he wasn't sure what to do and ended up not making a decision. I agree he should have come across to try and block the shot but it would only have been passed back to the middle anyways.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 pm

I agree, the Stars suck.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm

The NHL gamecentre app on my Ipad ruined it all for me. I turned off all notifications last season, but it must have turned them back on when it updated. I was planning on watchng the Flames game tonight. I use an Alarm on my Ipad, and as soons as i looked at it to turn off, it had a list of score updates that the damn gamecentre app had sent!

I might have to tell it im a Devils fan so no goal updates come in.

Still, a point for the Flames, and were not bottom!
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 pm

As said elsewhere the Devils are toilet! Brunner looks good and Schneider will do his best but its going to be a long road to the draft lottery for New Jersey!

also who called a Fleury shutout in the first game of the season! It was great to see him having fun whilst playing. You could tell he was confident and he made some outstanding saves! Glad to see someone who hass been trashed by almost the entire hockey community come out and play with a smile on his face!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:12 pm

J-Iggy wrote:The NHL gamecentre app on my Ipad ruined it all for me. I turned off all notifications last season, but it must have turned them back on when it updated. I was planning on watchng the Flames game tonight. I use an Alarm on my Ipad, and as soons as i looked at it to turn off, it had a list of score updates that the damn gamecentre app had sent!

I might have to tell it im a Devils fan so no goal updates come in.

Still, a point for the Flames, and were not bottom!
The Gamecenter app also cocked up with the score off by showing the away teams score on the match screen you when choose what kind of video you want.

I watched the Flames last night. Probably the most entertaining game of the midnight starts. The Penguins-Devils game was so pedestrian compared to it and the Habs-Leafs game.

sportsportsport wrote:As said elsewhere the Devils are toilet! Brunner looks good and Schneider will do his best but its going to be a long road to the draft lottery for New Jersey!

also who called a Fleury shutout in the first game of the season! It was great to see him having fun whilst playing. You could tell he was confident and he made some outstanding saves! Glad to see someone who hass been trashed by almost the entire hockey community come out and play with a smile on his face!
With no 1st round pick.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Ill still watch it tonight. Not to thrilled that we blew a 3 goal lead, but atleast we were competetive.

How did Ramo look in net? I heard he was poor in the shootout.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Ramo looked solid until the Caps took all the momentum towards the end of the 2nd after their 2nd goal.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:06 am

But I'd say the performance of players in front of him contributed just as much.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:20 am

Pot, meet kettle.

Flyers lost 3-1. Bernier and Ranger were outstanding. That is all I can say about any game
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:20 am

BuffonIdol wrote:I agree, the Stars suck.
Sadly this was very much the case last night. The whole team looked a bit nervous and not sure what their line mates were doing. All preseason they looked like they had played together for years but last night it was as if they had never met..... oh well it is only one game and all that. Looking forward to Saturday when Ovechkin can score 10 past us Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:00 am

CFCNick wrote:With no 1st round pick.
That just makes it even funnier!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:40 am

CFCNick wrote:Ramo looked solid until the Caps took all the momentum towards the end of the 2nd after their 2nd goal.
Just watched the game. He made some good saves, and there was nothing he could do about Ovi's goal.

A couple of things he really need to work on though, Carricks goal was a one on one breakaway, and Ramo never looked close to stopping it. Then letting in two out of two penalty shots, again he didn't look like he was going to save either of them. The other things was his positioning. There were times when it was almost like he wasn't sure where the net was, and left some big gaps to shot in.

Im not worried too much about his positioning, thats easily fixed, but he seriously needs to work on one on one situations.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 am

Thinking about it, Kipper was always terrible in shootouts. Maybe it's a Finnish thing?
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down