606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment

4 posters

Go down

Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment Empty Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment

Post by CFCNick Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:34 pm

In what's become a major story in Pittsburgh, Crosby was apparently allowed to skip to the front of the line at a local DMV over the weekend. This has led to accusations of preferential treatment and has some fans painting Crosby as a diva who can't be bothered to follow the same rules as everyone else.

It's all nonsense, of course. Expecting a celebrity to sit and wait for an hour while getting mobbed by fans would be silly. And besides, it's not like Crosby is the only NHL player who occasionally gets to experience the benefits of fame.

In fact, sources tell me that some of the biggest names in the hockey world often get special treatment:

Roberto Luongo - The managers at the moving supplies store never call security on him even though he goes in once a day to randomly yell "No I don't need any packing tape or boxes today thanks!" and then runs out of the room crying.

Dustin Byfuglien - Managers at the local grocery store have confirmed that they would let him cut in front of the other customers in the checkout line, in theory, if he ever left any food behind for anyone else to buy.

Matt Cooke - Wild fans are so happy to have him join the team that they insisted he go right to the front of this line for these skydiving lessons before he even had a chance to get his parachute on and wait everyone stop pushing what are you doing…

Jay Feaster - No matter how many other people are patiently waiting on hold, every NHL GM has ordered their secretaries to always put his calls through the second they come in.

Evgeni Malkin - Probably didn't have to pay a cent for that brand new #71 Dallas Stars jersey his dad is awkwardly wearing everywhere he goes.

Henrik Lundqvist - Is always waved right to the front of the line whenever they're handing out free products or fashion sense or talent or beautiful dreamy eyes and I forgot what we were talking about.

Mikhail Grabovski - The phone company always sends its first available technician to reassure him that yes, his phone is working perfectly even though it hasn't actually rung in five weeks.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/08/sidney-crosby-dmv.html#more

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment Empty Re: Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment

Post by mc_homer Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 pm

That Feaster one cracked me up lol! 
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment Empty Re: Beyond the DMV: Other ways NHL stars get preferential treatment

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:50 pm

This was one of the best DGBs in a while. Loved the Matt Cooke joke.

Although having spent time in the hell on earth that is my local DMV, I don't blame Sid one bit for pulling the 'I'm a celebrity' card.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 am

The Dustin Byfuglien one is simple yet amazing!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down