606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 teams 30 problems

+2
Calamity Jane
mc_homer
6 posters

Go down

30 teams 30 problems Empty 30 teams 30 problems

Post by mc_homer Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:04 am

From our favourite hockey writer....

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/54590/nhl-misery-watch-looking-at-you-flyers-fans

The Flames and Jackets ones are probably my favourites.

Flames:
What’s gone wrong: Absolutely nothing that everyone outside of Calgary hasn’t been predicting for years.

Why that should make you happy: They’ll probably be sellers at the trade deadline in two weeks, and think about how much fun it will be when Jay Feaster tries to trade Jarome Iginla an hour after the deadline passes because he misunderstood the rules.

What’s gone wrong: You name it! The team is terrible, they’re going to finish in last place like they always do, the goaltending is a joke as usual, and they … wait, what? The Blue Jackets are arguably the hottest team in the league? They’re within range of a playoff spot? Their goalie is actually good?

Why that should make you happy: I can’t … I don’t know how to … NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

30 teams 30 problems Empty Re: 30 teams 30 problems

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 am

Montreal Canadiens
What’s gone wrong: Not much. The Canadiens are way better than anyone expected, holding down first place in the Eastern Conference for most of the season. They’re young and talented, and they look like they could absolutely be Stanley Cup contenders.

Why that should make you happy: All of this means that their second-round loss to the Bruins is going to drive their fans insane.

PMSL! lol!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 am

Phoenix Coyotes

Why that should make you happy: Because I found this link to a $20 Groupon offer labeled “Phoenix Coyotes and Jobing.com Arena” and I’m not completely sure that it’s not for the entire Phoenix Coyotes franchise and Jobing.com arena.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 am

Couldn't find a single thing to gripe at from a Ducks perspective. And it's not hard to see why. 21-3-4, scoring from everywhere, two decent goalies and both Perry and Getzlaf signed to 8 year deals. This season has been so perfect it's taking the piss really.

Once again...21-3-4. What. The. Fuck?! Shocked
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:26 am

I think ronnie has gone quackers....

...if this forum had the old 606 emoticon of running away I would use it.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollnobody Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Hard to argue with a lot of that article.

I think we've become the team that a lot of people REMEMBER being good, but actually are not that good anymore.

Lidstrom retiring, and Stuart leaving was always going to be difficult, but Quincey, Huskins and Coliacavo were never going to be replacements.

I think we need a D overhaul this summer. Bin Huskins, Quincey, Coliacavo, and Kindl. Keep Kronwall, White, Smith and Lashoff. We also need to go Free Agent hunting. Preferably for a player under 33 years old.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 am

You can have Meszaros. Free.
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content