606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping up with the NHL

3 posters

Go down

Keeping up with the NHL Empty Keeping up with the NHL

Post by BuffonIdol Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 am

So I have successfully managed to ignore the NHL for a good couple of weeks now but felt the need to satisfy my cravings and took a peek at hockey news. This is what I learnt.

Ian White is my new favourite player of the lockout. On Bettman he had this to say "I personally think he's an idiot". Make this guy the players' union chief please.

Nazem Kadri, the guy who can't make it on a second rate NHL roster can't make it on an AHL roster either. Jonas Siegel's accidental double entendre "Kadri productive since recent benching" sums it up nicely.

The two sides have taken a novel approach to negotiations "Could not talking be the answer for the NHL and NHLPA?!" asks TSN. Not quite, unlike the morning after the night before these two have to see each other again.

After the feel good story of 2011 when 51-year-old Paul Deutsch almost got to suit up for the Minnesota Wild, the team has a competition to find their next emergency back-up. The article receives not one comment.

The lock-out has meant that many NHL related staff have found themselves out of work. One unfortunate Maple Leafs employee was found sleeping rough this week.

Contrary to popular belief the league is in fact not locked out but in its sixth week. The teams are playing but the only media outlet covering it is ESPN. You can find the latest standings and league leaders.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Keeping up with the NHL Empty Re: Keeping up with the NHL

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I love the ESPN standings - Montreal and NYI top of their divisions, and Cowtown leading the league. God bless fantasy hockey!
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:I love the ESPN standings - Montreal and NYI top of their divisions, and Cowtown leading the league. God bless fantasy hockey!

The Leafs are missing the playoffs so its not that far off...
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 pm

J-Iggy wrote:
Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:I love the ESPN standings - Montreal and NYI top of their divisions, and Cowtown leading the league. God bless fantasy hockey!

The Leafs are missing the playoffs so its not that far off...

The Leafs are in with a chance so it IS that far off Razz
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum