606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League...

4 posters

Go down

Rugby League... Empty Rugby League...

Post by Calamity Jane Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 pm

... just as tough as hockey.

Clicky

Ouchy! And the poor guy wasn't even on the winning team.

Go Rhinos!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Rugby League... Empty Re: Rugby League...

Post by rugby-leafhockeyrocker Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

....... But not as good as union Razz
rugby-leafhockeyrocker
rugby-leafhockeyrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 am

"Last season, Blackburn Rovers defender Scott Dann suffered a similar injury and was ruled out for six weeks."

Tart.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 am

Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:"Last season, Blackburn Rovers defender Scott Dann suffered a similar injury and was ruled out for six weeks."

Tart.

That comment is like a "My dick is bigger than your dick" comment.

Yet the writer fails to mention whether or not Dann played on and that the Wolves player has the offseason to get over so there's no real telling of how long he'll actuslly be out for.

I don't mind Rugby League as its the closest variation of American Football there is. But I prefer Union and with people making comments like this it makes the reporter seem petty making an unprovoked offensive comment about another sport he happens to dislike.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 am

MockingJay33 wrote:
Lord SKAgiraffe wrote:"Last season, Blackburn Rovers defender Scott Dann suffered a similar injury and was ruled out for six weeks."

Tart.

That comment is like a "My dick is bigger than your dick" comment.

Damn right it is. Hockey players, rugby (be it league or union) players heck even volleyball players recover in a fraction of the time a ballet dancer, sorry Premier League footballer, does.

MockingJay33 wrote:Yet the writer fails to mention whether or not Dann played on and that the Wolves player has the offseason to get over so there's no real telling of how long he'll actuslly be out for.

"Also in 2011-12, Gillingham's Chris Whelpdale split his scrotum in a Boxing Day win over Crawley. The winger was able to take to the field just four days later in a defeat at Dagenham & Redbridge."

So it takes a Premiership player six weeks to get over an injury a 'lesser' footballer recovers from in four days. I realise they're not exactly the same injury but even so...

Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 am

It's like a minority of members on the NFLUK forum. They take any and all opportunities to slag off football because somehow they feel being a fan of a minority sport isn't "being different" enough unless you actively turn your back on all British sports.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down