606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it.

5 posters

Go down

Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it. Empty Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it.

Post by Gwilla Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 am

A few nights ago Sharks' goalie Jake Allen achieved what has become an extremely rare phenomenon in Swansea: a shutout. Just how rare have shutouts been for the Sharks? Well this has been only the second shutout since the start of Season 2, perhaps even longer. The only other was also achieved by Allen in a 6-0 blowout against the former McGuire's Monsters in last season's triumphant campaign. In stark comparison the Whales have in that same time frame 21 shutouts, with 7 for Allen before his promotion to the big leagues.

Could this be the start of a glorious run, or just a freak accident akin to Martin Havlat making a line change? One things for certain, all eyes are on Allen. Or to put it in cliché terms, the spotlight is burning a hole in his crease.

Incidentally, when you type Martin Havlat into Google the first option is 'Martin Havlat injury'. Can't think why.
Gwilla
Gwilla

Back to top Go down

Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it. Empty Re: Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it.

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 am

This sounds worryingly familiar.... Lebabs recently got Chatham's first shutout of the season. He also got the only pro shutout last season. Yet down in Portsmouth they have had 4 so far this season, 11 last season and 8 the season before that with Nilsson getting 15 of those and Harding 7 (he also got 2 as a pro in season 2 when Lebabs got 1 in the farm). It's a funny sim.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it. Empty Re: Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it.

Post by Gwilla Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 am

I wonder whether it's because goalie ability is low or forwards are just amazingly good
Gwilla
Gwilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am

Huh? What is this shutout business of which you speak?
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwilla Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:13 am

Shutout? What's a shutout? Do you pronounce it 'shoo-toh-ut'? I don't get it. Tumblr11

Sums it up pretty well
Gwilla
Gwilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 am

Even the Spirit have had two, this season. One for Caron, and more recently, one for Mike McKenna.....and we are leakier than an incontinent octagenarian Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Deslauriers has 4....just saying silent
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm

I've not had one since Game 30 in the opening fortnight of season 3 Sad
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Ouch Shocked I can give you Matt Climie if you like Very Happy
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm

McKenna now has 2 in 3 games Shocked

DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down