606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules]

4 posters

Go down

CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules] Empty CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules]

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Has anyone else noticed the rise of the use of "cba"? I did wonder why so many people were interested in the collective bargaining agreement when they had not shown the slightest interest in the NHL before. I was then informed that it is kid lingo for "can't be arsed".

Not on. We had cba first, they should leave it alone. They should have cnba (can not be arsed). It is closer to being grammatically correct. Or maybe they cba.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules] Empty Re: CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules]

Post by rocknrollnobody Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I wouldn't know what kid lingo is anymore. I had to get my nephew to explain was ROFL was.

I deliberately use incorrect txt spk when he's around because he gets annoyed and shouts "NO Uncle Stu, you should use 'lol' there, not ROFL", and I'll say something like "Oh, OK, brb" to wind him up some more...and yes, I'm THAT Uncle...everyone has one, and for my neices and nephews, it's me.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules] Empty Re: CBA [had to make this title longer to satisfy stupid forum rules]

Post by mc_homer Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm

rocknrollnobody wrote:I wouldn't know what kid lingo is anymore. I had to get my nephew to explain was ROFL was.

I deliberately use incorrect txt spk when he's around because he gets annoyed and shouts "NO Uncle Stu, you should use 'lol' there, not ROFL", and I'll say something like "Oh, OK, brb" to wind him up some more...and yes, I'm THAT Uncle...everyone has one, and for my neices and nephews, it's me.

lol! lol! I read some things kids write and it hurts my head.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't understand in what context you should lol instead of rofl.... they mean the same thing confused
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

BuffonIdol wrote:I don't understand in what context you should lol instead of rofl.... they mean the same thing confused

From your POV, Buff

lol = Habs lost to Jackets

LOL = Habs lost to Jackets by 7 goals

rofl/pmsl/lmfao = Habs lose in OT in game 7 of the SCF when Carey Price slips on an errant banana skin and swats puck into own net.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Since the Habs will never make the SCF in Carey Price's lifetime I'm never going to get to pmsl/rofl/lmfao Sad
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down