606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs

5 posters

Go down

Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs Empty Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs

Post by DRIZ Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 am

Ok, I'm getting a little carried away now....Made you all look though lol!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs Empty Re: Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs

Post by Calamity Jane Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 am

You git!

Yes I did look, and even did the maths on my calculator before opening the thread. I was about to fire off a quick PM to one of my mates too, but luckily decided to read the story first. Otherwise I'd have looked extremely stupid Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs Empty Re: Blues offer sheet for Stamkos..$25m for 3yrs

Post by rocknrollnobody Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I actually said "Holy crap!" out loud and all my colleagues looked at me.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Can St Louis afford $8.333m per year (theoretically)? I know they have the cap room but are the money troubles sorted out down there?
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm

leafygiraffe wrote:Can St Louis afford $8.333m per year (theoretically)? I know they have the cap room but are the money troubles sorted out down there?

Apparently there are 3 buyers showing more than a passing interest. Dave Checkitts has said that he 99% sure the Blues will have new owners by the start of the coming season. It was him that gave Doug Armstrong the go ahead to spend beyond the cap floor, so I would assume that in turn, he must have had the go ahead from the potential newn owners.

Admittedly the post was made in jest, but looking a little deeper, its not really that far fetched. When you look at the core of the Blues outfit, the age is very young. If any team could pass up 4x1st round picks, it would be the Blues. On top of that, what better way for Dave Checkitts and co to sell the club, than by having a marquee player like Stamkos on the books.

Its all very left field, but funnier things have happened!!!!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 am

Also, if they did sign Stamkos, and then the ownership changed, the new owners would be able to have at least four years of excuses...

"Well it wasn't US who sold the farm!"
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down