606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum now optimised for mobile browsing.

5 posters

Go down

Forum now optimised for mobile browsing. Empty Forum now optimised for mobile browsing.

Post by mc_homer Thu May 12, 2011 9:14 pm

I know a few of you use the forums on your phones already but Forumotion announced today that they have optimised their forums for mobile browsing.

Here is the official release.

Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor who does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

As it mentions, on the mobile page you will not be able to post but at the bottom of the page there is a link for 'Classic version'. Click that and you can carry on as before. Hopefully they will have the full posting features included before too long!
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Forum now optimised for mobile browsing. Empty Re: Forum now optimised for mobile browsing.

Post by Calamity Jane Fri May 13, 2011 3:20 am

Hmm, not sure if this makes things easier or more complicated for the Stupid BlackBerry.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Forum now optimised for mobile browsing. Empty Re: Forum now optimised for mobile browsing.

Post by BuffonIdol Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 am

CJ I do wonder how you post using your BB. I have the Torch and it is a nightmare so I don't bother !!
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Fri May 13, 2011 3:35 am

The forum looks no different on iPhone...
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri May 13, 2011 4:52 am

Mine's the Curve and it can be a bit laborious with all the scrolling up and down. And posting web links is a pain because they have to be typed rather than cut 'n paste. And if I don't have my glasses on then everything just turns into totally incomprehensible gibberish (as opposed to the usual gibberish) Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Fri May 13, 2011 7:46 am

I'm joining in this blagfest.

It's fine on my tablet. (No it's not a fucking iPad)
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 am

Azzy Luongo wrote:The forum looks no different on iPhone...

How strange, I tried on mine earlier and it looked different. Saying that I had never tried before so this might have been in place for a while lol.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down