606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referee in Brazil kills player and is then quartered and beheaded by spectators

2 posters

Go down

Referee in Brazil kills player and is then quartered and beheaded by spectators Empty Referee in Brazil kills player and is then quartered and beheaded by spectators

Post by CFCNick Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 am

Two people are dead after a horrific scene during an amateur soccer match in the Brazil.

According to multiple reports out of Maranhão, a northeastern state in Brazil, 20-year-old referee Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan was confronted by a player, 30-year-old Josenir dos Santos Abreu, after Abreu was given a red card.

Brazilian outlet Correio24horas reported the referee then allegedly pulled out a knife he had in his possession and stabbed Abreu multiple times — Abreu later died of his wounds in a nearby hospital.

Several spectators – presumed to be associated with Abreu – then reportedly attacked the ref, tied him up and proceeded to beat, stone, lynch and quarter him before cutting off his head and placing it on a stake in the middle of the field.

The incident reportedly took place on Sunday, June 30 at the Pius XII stadium.

A 27-year-old man named Luis Moraes Souza was arrested for the crime and Santa Ines law enforcement authorities are searching for two others.

“We will identify and hold accountable all those involved,” Santa Ines police chief Valter Costa said in a statement.

“A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/report-soccer-referee-in-brazil-kills-player-before-getting-stoned-lynched-quartered-beheaded-on-field/

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Referee in Brazil kills player and is then quartered and beheaded by spectators Empty Re: Referee in Brazil kills player and is then quartered and beheaded by spectators

Post by rocknrollnobody Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Both ridiculous and terrifying in equal measure.

Football is getting to be more and more like the bad old days of the 80's. I watched a local game the other Satuday when I saw one being played on the park near me. It was rife with foul language, threats of violence, and promises to cripple eachother. Now I'm not saying that doesn't happen in Hockey, but you can't hear it as much, whilst this was going on during an amateur league game, surrounded by families and children.
rocknrollnobody
rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down