606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL Gamecenter

+13
BL41R GRYLLS
Calamity Jane
Monty
Welshmapleleaf
rocknrollnobody
Azzy Luongo
J-Iggy
BuffonIdol
ronnie pander
sportsportsport
DRIZ
Paddywan
mc_homer
17 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NHL Gamecenter - Page 5 Empty Re: NHL Gamecenter

Post by J-Iggy Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 am

I love how they refuse to talk to you when they don't like your question!

As you said, if they have a 4 year contract, how can they not know if they have playoff games? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have them and they don't want people to know this so they can lock you into their contract, which based on their T&C's is an ass to cancel.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonzee Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 am

Who's the leader of the club that's meant for you and me?

M-I-C
K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E
Jonzee
Jonzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

"i am sorry but I will not be able to continue with this chat session."

Seriously!!? La la la, fingers in ears, I'm not listening, la la la (has he gone yet)

What a bunch of muppets!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am

My money is on it won't even be blacked out.

As long as I can watch games the next day, I will get it. I tend to not be able to stay up for a lot of Flames games these days anyway, so it shouldn't impact me too much.
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 am

I think premier sports are espn 8 'the ocho' in disguise
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

Trust me, if they showed dodgeball with the slogan 'go balls deep' on there...I would subscribe in a flash.
Monty
Monty

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 am

Monty wrote:Trust me, if they showed dodgeball with the slogan 'go balls deep' on there...I would subscribe in a flash.

This! cheers
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 am

If you have your GCL subscription the new app is out now. It's much nicer than last years. Clean and tidy.

CFCNick

http://www.twitter.com/nickvarney90

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 am

Apparently black outs have been confirmed by GCL staff.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am

I guess ill have to try out a VPN then.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 am

BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 am

I've got a friend at work who uses VPN or something similar. I may be pestering him this week so I can watch any BIG game blacked out.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 am

I just signed up for this: http://www.vpnoneclick.com/share/

Its $3 a month and has several European countries you can connect to. Its working fine for me so far. Ill test it out on Saturday and report back Smile
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 am

Just called NHL and they confirmed games will be blacked out. So looks like its VPN and piracy time. They have really dropped the ball here I'm fine with the blackouts for live games but limiting them for 48 hours after when PS don't even allow you to view them within that time is ridiculous. They are effectively forcing you to watch games live.

Except they aren't as the schedule shows just within the first week the Bruins game on Monday is delayed so I'm supposed to what avoid all media for 3 hours because my provider wont let me watch the games live.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 am

According to the PS facebook page (yes I know it is a joke) they said only live games are blacked out. The delayed ones are apparently still available on GCL.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 am

NHL told me they will be blacked out for 48 hours, presumably that means not available in the morning. They also said they don't know what will happen with the play-offs it will not be decided until the week before the games are played.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 am

Yeah it is only live games that will be blacked out. The playoff situation really is a joke though. How are we supposed to make an informed decision on which service to use if we don't know what's available. We could end up with the cup final blacked out on GCL or premier sports not even showing it.

I'm just hoping my VPN works and I can watch hockey!
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am

They cannot black out the finals. Gamepass blacks out the Super Bowl due to Sky's contract but it's simulcast on BBC One in HD too.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:03 am

Good that the delayed games are available but if the games aren't available the next day the situation gets hilarious / depressing. If you pay for Premier sports and GCL which obviously you have to for all the games. You will still not be able to watch them the next day and have no way other than piracy to do so the NHL clearly wants you sleep deprived by forcing you to watch certain games live, perhaps its a strategy to make you forget about the lockout.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 pm

I think I have resigned myself to watch very few Leafs games this season though this is no bad thing.
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Not that I expect anything to come of it but I just emailed this to the NHL contact.

Hi,

I recently found out that thanks to the TV deal with Premier Sports that a large number of games will be blacked out on your service.

While I can understand the need to protect TV rights I do not understand the reasoning behind selling these rights to a subpar TV channel that half the country cannot even access. As a result it would appear that a lot of games will not be available to a large portion of the country here in the UK simply thanks to the fact that gamecenter is blacked out and it is being shown on a channel they cannot access.

This may not be too much of an issue aside from the fact that it would appear likely that users such as myself may end up missing extremely large portions of the playoffs and potentially the entire final series.

I am not sure how this can be deemed fair to completely remove any option to view these games and it could be extremely damaging to loyal fans who have stuck by the league even in light of the lockout.

Do you have any word on what will be happening come the playoffs? I can understand local blackouts as a way to encourage people to get to the stadiums but that is rather difficult from this side of the world. Not to mention that this deal has taken an extremely good service in gamecenter live and turned it into a very average hit and miss option where you do not even know which games you are going to be able to watch. Not to mention that Premier Sports have been nothing but rude to fans asking for explanations on things such as why no HD and why not available on other platforms other than Sky. In all honesty, it is appalling that such a joke of a company in Premier Sports is allowed to be the face of the NHL over here.

Regards,
Matt

Will see what they respond with.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Nice email! They are usally very good at responding fairly quickly, although i imagine they sre still getting out of bed at the moment.

The playoffs are the really big issue here. I could just about deal with missing the odd game because of Premier Sports, but why would you bother if you know you were going to be blacked out for the most important games of the season?

From what i have seen, neither side have actually decided on what will be shown on PS come the playoffs, hopefully Gamecenter will see sense in time?

If you get a half decent response, Ill also email them. If enough of us do it they might get the message.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 am

If it's anything like the NFL rights then it seems the playoffs are separate to regular season. There's no way the NHL would allow blackouts in the playoffs if the uproar from this week is big enough.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 am

MockingJay33 wrote:If it's anything like the NFL rights then it seems the playoffs are separate to regular season. There's no way the NHL would allow blackouts in the playoffs if the uproar from this week is big enough.

Lets hope so. PS have said they wont know anyhting about the playoffs untill the end of the month. Lets hope they don't get them at all and then thier offering of NHL games would be worthless.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 am

The 48 hour blackout thing is standard with games shown in the states, its just more damaging for us because of how we may watch games the next day. Not sure how many of you actually do that.

Very nice email but I think they may have just dropped the ball with this contract with PS and we can do very little to change that. I'm hoping that piracy or VPN's will solve the problem but it is is sad that we are forced into stuff like that when the service was working perfectly last year.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum