606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL Gamecenter

+13
BL41R GRYLLS
Calamity Jane
Monty
Welshmapleleaf
rocknrollnobody
Azzy Luongo
J-Iggy
BuffonIdol
ronnie pander
sportsportsport
DRIZ
Paddywan
mc_homer
17 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NHL Gamecenter Empty NHL Gamecenter

Post by mc_homer Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:22 pm

I had heard that with ESPN 360 being no more that NHL Gamecenter will be available over here. Does anyone know any information about this with regards to how much, payment options and when it will be available? I have looked all over their website and can only seem to find old news.
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

https://606hl.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NHL Gamecenter Empty Re: NHL Gamecenter

Post by Paddywan Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Looked at this recently again myself. Certainly couldn't find anything available online everything seems to suggest it will be available through ESPN online. Don't know about TV though.
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Really? I had heard that ESPN were not offering it online anymore?
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddywan Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 am

Hadn't seen that maybe they are. But I went through the trying to setup game center thing on the NHL site and it eventually directed me to ESPN though there is no mention of it on their site yet,
Paddywan
Paddywan

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 am

I don't think anybody really knows whats going on. I've e-mailed ESPN, e-mailed SKY, rang SKY, nobody is willing/able to give me an answer.

I'm going to pay my ESPN subs for October, then wait and see!
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:33 am

When I click on my old ESPN 360 link it just comes up as this league is no longer available.

Hopefully something will get sorted soon, as much as I love the lottery that is finding streams, I would prefer to be able to get any game I want on demand and legally!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 am

sportsportsport wrote:
Hopefully something will get sorted soon, as much as I love the lottery that is finding streams, I would prefer to be able to get any game I want on demand and legally!

Same as me. I have begun to accept the fact that I am getting old and can no longer manage to stay up to watch every game live at god only knows what time of the morning lol! Having the on demand service is going to be vital to me this season I feel.....
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 am

mc_homer wrote:
sportsportsport wrote:

Same as me. I have begun to accept the fact that I am getting old and can no longer manage to stay up to watch every game live at god only knows what time of the morning lol! Having the on demand service is going to be vital to me this season I feel.....

+1

I was assuming ESPN would be showing the games again this season. I'll be lost without this service!
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:49 am

mc_homer wrote:
sportsportsport wrote:

I do remember feeling sorry for you one game last year where the Penguins finished around 3am and the Stars hadn't even started yet Shocked

I also want to be able to put the games up on my nice tv instead of watching on my laptop... although that does mean I will probably end up sleeping on the sofa if my usual 3rd period doze overruns
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 am

Should support eastern teams lads Wink
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 am

The FAQ on the ESPN player website still mentions NHL hockey, although it doesn't appear they update the site that often Surprised

I get up at 5 for work anyway, so i could get used to 3am starts, as long as we don't go to OT otherwise i would miss it Crying or Very sad

J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 am

mc_homer wrote:
sportsportsport wrote:

Canucks games start at 4am generally. I know the feeling! I made quite a few mistakes at work during the playoffs!!!
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 am

Being in the Pacific I get used to quite a lot of 3-4am starts as well. Has made for some memorable nights however like watching my house mate come downstairs in the 2007 playoffs against the Canucks going...."They still playing?!". Lucky I wasn't working that day otherwise I would have been late.

Also in 2008 against the Sharks the game finished 15 mins before I had to leave for work....I had no sleep, was tired as hell, had a huge ass business deal to process but was grinning ear to ear all day long Smile

Still after all that I will be grateful for a move to a more central time zone Wink
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 am

'Still after all that I will be grateful for a move to a more central time zone'

To be honest Homer, it doesn't really make a lot of difference. Most games are still either 1 or 2am starts.

Being old, I tend to go to bed about 10.30 -11.00. This means that my obligatory nightly trips to the loo, tend to coincide with the 2nd/3rd periods. This means I get to listen to the end of most games, but still get my much needed 6 hours shut eye Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 am

Yeah I need my sleep so even following an Eastern team wouldn't be any good for me. Not to mention I think I'd have gone with the Isles and therefore never have much to look forward to! I don't know how you guys manage to stay up so late. Presumably you sleep a little beforehand???
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:39 am

DRIZ wrote:
'Still after all that I will be grateful for a move to a more central time zone'

To be honest Homer, it doesn't really make a lot of difference. Most games are still either 1 or 2am starts.

Being old, I tend to go to bed about 10.30 -11.00. This means that my obligatory nightly trips to the loo, tend to coincide with the 2nd/3rd periods. This means I get to listen to the end of most games, but still get my much needed 6 hours shut eye Very Happy

Yes but I will take those extra couple of hours any day Smile I tend to be fine up to around 3.30-4 so if I am lucky in the 3am starts I get to see the first period lol

ronnie pander wrote:Yeah I need my sleep so even following an Eastern team wouldn't be any good for me. Not to mention I think I'd have gone with the Isles and therefore never have much to look forward to! I don't know how you guys manage to stay up so late. Presumably you sleep a little beforehand???

Nope no sleep before, just a can of monster/relentless, maybe some pick n mix and a sleep hangover the next day Very Happy
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 am

Has anybody ever have the ESPN channel offered by Sky? If so what sort of hockey coverage do you get?
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 am

ronnie pander wrote:Has anybody ever have the ESPN channel offered by Sky? If so what sort of hockey coverage do you get?

I have it. Its pretty good. THeres typically two games a night, live and then a replay the next day. They also have on the fly every night which is usefull for keeping up to date and cathing the highlights.

It's not so great for following your own team though. I think they showed something like five Flames games the whole of last season, although this did mean i watched other teams more often.

I also like the fact i could just come home and put Hockey on the TV.
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 am

mc_homer wrote:
Nope no sleep before, just a can of monster/relentless, maybe some pick n mix and a sleep hangover the next day Very Happy

A mix of xbox, snacks and caffeine get me through the nights until faceoff, Relentless is often needed the next day! Sleep hangovers are not cool!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 am

Gettin' Iggy with it wrote:

It's not so great for following your own team though. I think they showed something like five Flames games the whole of last season, although this did mean i watched other teams more often.

That's my fear. I can well imagine it's heavily biased towards the bloody original 6.
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 am

Nothing wrong with orginal 6. Give the people what they want Very Happy
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 am

BuffonIdol wrote:Nothing wrong with orginal 6. Give the people what they want Very Happy

Bah! Well I suppose the Bruins, Canadians, Hawks, Wings and Rangers are decent enough clubs...
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by mc_homer Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

sportsportsport wrote:
mc_homer wrote:

A mix of xbox, snacks and caffeine get me through the nights until faceoff, Relentless is often needed the next day! Sleep hangovers are not cool!

My can of Monster is sitting in the fridge at work ready for me tomorrow Smile
mc_homer
mc_homer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Gettin' Iggy with it wrote:
ronnie pander wrote:Has anybody ever have the ESPN channel offered by Sky? If so what sort of hockey coverage do you get?

I have it. Its pretty good. THeres typically two games a night, live and then a replay the next day. They also have on the fly every night which is usefull for keeping up to date and cathing the highlights.

I also like the fact i could just come home and put Hockey on the TV.

I have it too and couldn't agree more. On the fly runs at least twice daily, so I get to see all the goals from the previous night. Most weekends there are two games a night. Eastern seeboard around midnight, then invariably Vancouver around 3.30am. Canadian teams feature heavily as the programme that runs is 'Hockey Night Canada'. Sundays can be a bit of a bonanza. They can start the day with re-runs of the Saturday night games. Then early evening, if there is a lunchtime start, you get that game, and so on. It can mean 3 live games from 5pm onwards. During the week, quite often you get games on both ESPN and ESPN America. Coverage is a little limited at the start of the season beacuse they concentrate on the end of the Baseball. Then apart from Monday night football, its full on till the following April.

DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm

DRIZ wrote:Then apart from Monday night football, its full on till the following April.

Hey, I know you follow the Blues so it's perhaps understandable but the full hockey season runs until June....
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum