606 Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League

+8
sportsportsport
J-Iggy
Calamity Jane
Azzy Luongo
Lord SKAgiraffe
ronnie pander
DRIZ
BuffonIdol
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League Empty The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League

Post by BuffonIdol Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 am

The draft date has now been set at Wednesday October 5th @ 9pm (BST)

Roll up! roll up laaaaaaaaaadies and geeennnntlemeeeeen!! jocolor

The original, the BIGGEST and the most fiercely non-competitive hockey league is back for a third outing and some important questions must to be answered...

Who will knock Azzy off his champions perch?
-tomatoes and wet sponges are available from the commissioners stand

Who will take the mantle of Atlas?
-That's Ancient Greek for you youngens. If you are still unsure ask Driz

Will CJ still draft Savard and his worn boxer shorts?

Will Leafy draft all Russians, even those with one leg?

Find the answers to these ponderings and many more here or simply wait for your invite from Don Homer.

The draft date has now been set at Wednesday October 5th @ 9pm (BST)

If you for some ludicrous reason are looking for Leafy's 606hl Yahoo league you can find it here

Last edited by BuffonIdol on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League

Post by DRIZ Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:04 am

The Halakness Monsters are ready to go....another glorious playoff failure beckons.

No date is an issue, only timing. Would prefer evenings, because Mrs Driz no longer works evenings and weekend day time is taken up by the mini monster..

I will have my santogen and horlicks at the ready Very Happy
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League Empty Re: The Original 606 Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League

Post by DRIZ Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:08 am

P.S

Atlas was my depressive younger brother...always looked like he had the world on his shoulders...

I know, sorry....i'll leave quietly:oops:
DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:26 am

Thought this might happen...I'm not sure I can do any of those dates as I'm off to watch the Ducks in Finland! Can the AI autodraft for me?
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 am

One legged Russians ahoy! Any time, preferably an evening as Mrs Giraffe will probably want to go shopping at the weekend and that could bankrupt about three medium size nations unless I'm there to stop here buying MAC. All of it.
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:38 am

8pm is an awful time - I just can't do it. 9pm, yes, but 8pm is too early as my lad will still be awake...
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:05 am

we could do 9pm if that works better. can anyone actually remember what time we normally do it at?
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:31 am

<Will CJ still draft Savard and his worn boxer shorts?>

If I've had enough beers, the answer will probably be 'yes'. And depending on the number of beers consumed, I'll also most likely end up with the wrong Bergeron, the fake Brodeur, two zamboni drivers, a basketball player, and the Sedin brother who doesn't actually play hockey but is in fact an accountant.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Luongo Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 am

BuffonIdol wrote:Who will knock Azzy off his champions perch?
-tomatoes and wet sponges are available from the commissioners stand
If you could all throw the tomatoes BEFORE the wet sponges, that'd be much preferable:P

Am looking forward to defending my title. Never been able to say that - in anything Shocked
Azzy Luongo
Azzy Luongo

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 am

If you tell the computer it can optimise your drafting policy so That you also draft the wrong backstrom, a retired score keeper, Geordie Howe and a hot dog vendor, all whilst you tuck in to pizza and beer whilst rewatching reruns of due south
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 am

Geordie Howe? Is he Gordie's little brother who plays for Newcastle Utd??

Very Happy

And as for.....

"whilst you tuck in to pizza and beer whist watching reruns of due south"

when the hell did you fit that CCTV in my living room? affraid
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:58 am

Bloody predictive BlackBerry! Yes, I meant gordie, though if you would like to draft his tyneside cousin, perhaps as a drunken enforcer, it can be arranged
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Did my first mock draft last night. I have to do an autodraft which means a lot of buggering about with the ordering. But it's not bad for a first attempt.

Centers
Datsyuk
Spezza
Grabovski
Brassard

LW
Kovalchuk
Hartnell
Comeau

RW
Kessel
Parenteau

D
Subban
Whitney
Hamonic
Hamrlik

G
Rinne
Crawford
Bernier

No Savard, no Pronger, Phil bloody Kessel, a pair of Habs, and Scott Hartnell.

Epic fail!
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord SKAgiraffe Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 am

My first team got drafted last week

C
Carter
Duchene

LW
Kovalchuk
Benn (!?)

RW
Semin
Horton

D
Burns
Seabrook
Staal
Franson

G
Vokoun
Varlamov

Bench
Ribeiro
S. Kostitsyn
Hedman
Rask

Looks worryingly like my Giraffes team that failed to reach the playoffs Shocked
Lord SKAgiraffe
Lord SKAgiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 am

On the upside though Leafy, there are a few Russians in there and no Niittymaki. That's a win-win in my book.

I love how my iPhone now recognizes most NHL players names and doesn't try to change the spelling. (I really should get out more). Although it did try and change Spezza to Sleaze, and it insists on US spelling for everything else.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnie pander Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:49 am

I'm going to be ok for Leafy's draft but not Buff's....so forgive my ignorance but how does the autodraft work?
ronnie pander
ronnie pander

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 am

I've tried three mock drafts now and everytime it won't bloody load! Luckily because I am hap day II my excellent pre-draft rankings have bagged me a stud team.

Lesson learnt. Leave it alone and it will work. Tinker with it, buff, and it will fail Very Happy
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by DRIZ Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 am

Just finished my 1st mock

C
McDonald
Weiss
Peverley

LW
Marleau
Benn
Comeau

RW
Backes
Stewart
Briere

D
Shattenkirk
Weber
Fowler
Leopold
White

GK
Loungo
Halak

DRIZ
DRIZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:45 am

Right everyone, the date and time for the draft have been changed (and hopefully finalised) for...

Wednesday October 5th @ 9pm (BST)

This is to allow as many people as possible to attened the live draft.

Just to make it clear you can set the computer to 'auto-draft' for you if you are unable to make it in person. This is where Yahoo selects the highest undrafted player from a pre-determined list which you can edit here
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:19 am

Buff you're a star. I'll still be auto drafting, but I'm on vaca... er holiday as from tomorrow and had bollocksed up my listings so the extra time is very welcome.

Going to Montreal. Is it a good idea to take my Bruins Stanley Cup t-shirt?
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am

Bollocks! Leafy's draft is on Monday and my predraft rankings have gone AWOL. Hmmm, methinks I could end up with a zamboni driver and the wrong Bergeron after all. Very Happy
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffonIdol Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 am

"Buff you're a star."

How dare you! In a leaf through and through Very Happy

I do my best to help though not in a tesco kind of way or anything (as in I won't pack your shopping bags)
BuffonIdol
BuffonIdol

Back to top Go down

Post by Calamity Jane Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 am

hahahaha!

Anyway, I'm not such a techno-numpty as I thought. I've found my predraft rankings. Bet I still end up with a rubbish team though.
Calamity Jane
Calamity Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Iggy Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 am

Hi Guys, Looking fowrard to another season of Fantasy Hockey!

Mid Table here i come Very Happy
J-Iggy
J-Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsportsport Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Whoop draft tonight!
sportsportsport
sportsportsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next